Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VIC: calling p platers who have had instant licence losses for speeding

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
ok, my licence suspension finishes on sunday, from a 6 monh instant loss for excessive speed (NOTE: if you intend to flame me, i dont really care right now, and will have a mod delete it, im interested in information, not idiots that feel like having a whinge)

now, i lost 6 points and got 6 months instant loss. being on my ps, thats instant loss anyway, as its over 5 points.

i was under the impression, that yep, lose it, no choice for 12 months good behaviour 1 point thing.

now, i got off the phone with vicroads, they tell me that i will receive a letter soon, giving me the option for 6 months loss or 12 months good behaviour. this is an added bonus ontop of my almost finished suspension.

now, what i want to know, is has anyone else had the same thing happen, did they get a letter for an added suspension/1point after losing their licence for 6 months?

reading all my paperwork and such, it never states that ill get this extra, but lady on phone says i will.

i was hoping this would be over sunday, but alas, looks like it wont.

word of warning to everyone, dont speed, its definately not worth it.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
what happens is you recieve an instant suspension for speeding over the limit then points for breaching the law. You will most likely recieve in the mail soon a letter regarding the 12month system or a 3month loss.

This occured to me when i lsot my licence for carless driving. The licence was suspended and then i lost 3 points for the incident. So i copped a 1 month suspension and now i only have 2 points, the system is VERY VERY flawed. You get stung 6 ways from sunday for the same thing.

aZk.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
3 months isnt so bad, but i still want to drive, so im gonna take the 12 month option if i get a letter.

it definately is flawed, do the crime, end up doing extra time!!

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
its risky cos if you take the 12 monther and **** up, youll loose it for 6 or 12 or somehting massive... i wouldnt take the risk. Id rather cler the record with the 3 monther.. gotta think, 12 months is a massive amount of time to **** up once! just once, for anything!

its not that you end up doing extra time, there is 3 differnt penalties for one crime... its like being handed a 6month sentence, life and the death penality!

i got 1 month suspension
fine
3 points
paseenger restrictions
extension of p-period for 7months

for one **** up!!!

it is gay...

i hate the authority just for this stupid crap!

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
simply put, i wont be speeding, i got gps that tells me my speed, even when my speedos out by about 5ks.

if they want to screw me over for something stupid, i will take that to court.

my gps records logs of speed and position, if they want to try and get me with a dodgy camera, i will use that, someone else did a month ago or something and got out of it using gps logs.

6 months without driving has been killing me, i dont want to do another 3 months, and i do work, i havent saved any money not driving, as i pay twice in fuel for parents to drive me to work, then they drive home, then the same to come get me, car does 120ks a day, instead of 60.

killuminati

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Vacationer
I picked the 12 month option, back in jan, get off my p's in may, would hate to extend my p period.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
its risky cos if you take the 12 monther and **** up, youll loose it for 6 or 12 or somehting massive... i wouldnt take the risk. Id rather cler the record with the 3 monther.. gotta think, 12 months is a massive amount of time to **** up once! just once, for anything!

its not that you end up doing extra time, there is 3 differnt penalties for one crime... its like being handed a 6month sentence, life and the death penality!

i got 1 month suspension
fine
3 points
paseenger restrictions
extension of p-period for 7months

for one **** up!!!

it is gay...

i hate the authority just for this stupid crap!

What a crock of smelly excrement. Are you saying you can't go 12 months without losing a point? Drive like a tool and you don't deserve to be on the road.

Back on topic. I lost mine instantly when I was on my P's as well. 1 month loss of license and 12 extra months as a P plater!

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
you dont currently get extended ps in vic, unless licence gets cancelled. i asked that when i first lost it.(rang vicroads)

ssmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss thunder
ok, my licence suspension finishes on sunday, from a 6 monh instant loss for excessive speed (NOTE: if you intend to flame me, i dont really care right now, and will have a mod delete it, im interested in information, not idiots that feel like having a whinge)

now, i lost 6 points and got 6 months instant loss. being on my ps, thats instant loss anyway, as its over 5 points.

i was under the impression, that yep, lose it, no choice for 12 months good behaviour 1 point thing.

now, i got off the phone with vicroads, they tell me that i will receive a letter soon, giving me the option for 6 months loss or 12 months good behaviour. this is an added bonus ontop of my almost finished suspension.

now, what i want to know, is has anyone else had the same thing happen, did they get a letter for an added suspension/1point after losing their licence for 6 months?

reading all my paperwork and such, it never states that ill get this extra, but lady on phone says i will.

i was hoping this would be over sunday, but alas, looks like it wont.

word of warning to everyone, dont speed, its definately not worth it.

yea same thing for me but only 3 moths, well 4months including the 1 they didnt tell me about

lost 1 point for miner speeding
lost 4 pints for major, (within 2 week of each other)
and my licence was suspended for 1 moth and i thought "ohk not too bad" !
then i get this letter with the option . . . bull**** i reckon should give u the 4 months at once!

ohh and when i recevie my licence back i get passenger restrictions for 12moths

Last edited: