Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VIC: calling p platers who have had instant licence losses for speeding

Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
Silver VY SS UTE
I wondered why you weren't driving your car ..
Any way if you take the 12 months you'd want to be careful ...
I lost my license years ago ( back when i had an XB GT ) for 12 months, for overtaking a cop car .. fortunately there was non of this crap to deal with !

I spose it depends on how badly you want to drive .. !

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
A mate of mine lost his license for doing 18 k's over and his rear p plate fell off..... Took 4 months for him to get a letter then he had the choice of the 12 month good behavior or loss for 3 months, he took the 3 months, its done and he got 12 months passenger restrictions which is nearly over, but he has no record of when that actually is. Is it 12 months after he gets his license back?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
as i said, ill stick to the speed limit, wont do anything stupid, and if i get done for something petty, and lose my licence, i'll take it to court, and try and get it sorted.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
simply put, i wont be speeding, i got gps that tells me my speed, even when my speedos out by about 5ks.

if they want to screw me over for something stupid, i will take that to court.

my gps records logs of speed and position, if they want to try and get me with a dodgy camera, i will use that, someone else did a month ago or something and got out of it using gps logs.

6 months without driving has been killing me, i dont want to do another 3 months, and i do work, i havent saved any money not driving, as i pay twice in fuel for parents to drive me to work, then they drive home, then the same to come get me, car does 120ks a day, instead of 60.

The short answer is in your first line. Be good - make sure your car is well maintained and roadworthy. It is also probably a good idea to keep your car relatively stock. Also guys note that many of these alternative tail lights do not comply with ADR's as they don't have the required reflectors (hakhawks should be ok because the reflector is in the bumper bar - asuming the colors illuminate correctly).

Reaper

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Hak, surely you can go without breaking the law...take the 12 month option.

Sorry to drag this off topic, if you lose your licence for being a tool you deserve to everything you get.

cruzncommo

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5spd
just do what we do up here, put fake plates on your car and drive around anyway... whos going to care?

VNexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
cruzncommo = idiot.

pick the 12 month thing. sit 5 kay under the limit at all times etc etc.. basically drive as if your 90 with some added brainwaves.

cruzncommo

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5spd
cruzncommo = idiot.

pick the 12 month thing. sit 5 kay under the limit at all times etc etc.. basically drive as if your 90 with some added brainwaves.

lol and by the way, I personally have never come across anyone who actually lasts 12 months without getting done for anything.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
just do what we do up here, put fake plates on your car and drive around anyway... whos going to care?

You will when your car (and maybe even you) gets impounded. I think you have just won the ****wit post of the month award amongst some pretty fierce competition.

Reaper

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
lol and by the way, I personally have never come across anyone who actually lasts 12 months without getting done for anything.

well, lets make me the first then hey!!

Hak, surely you can go without breaking the law...take the 12 month option.

Sorry to drag this off topic, if you lose your licence for being a tool you deserve to everything you get.

well, im certainly going to try, and yep, i feel i deserved the 6 months loss, but extra time, damn. oh well, what can you do eh?

The short answer is in your first line. Be good - make sure your car is well maintained and roadworthy. It is also probably a good idea to keep your car relatively stock. Also guys note that many of these alternative tail lights do not comply with ADR's as they don't have the required reflectors (hakhawks should be ok because the reflector is in the bumper bar - asuming the colors illuminate correctly).

Reaper

car wont exactly be stock, but will be clean enough to not be bothered by police about hopefully. i never attracted attention based solely on the vn by police, well, once, coz the cop hadnt seen it around his way before, was a good bloke that one.

others were because they assumed i was speeding, gave me warnings, last one was i WAS speeding. never had a defect or been questioned about anything about the car, including my clear lights, which do light up the correct colours.(thank you $20 a piece led globes :p)