Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

(VIC) open tracks for fun in the wet? keeping it legal

rhysdalegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore VX S Pack
Hey guys,
first pub post, since getting my car and licensee 2 months ago iv been in love with driving.
Is there any racetracks in Victoria that has open days often? and do they do like wet days? for some drifting fun?
Im not a fan of breaking the law, especially since i want to keep my licensee and car, but i still want to have some fun in the wet..

Anyone no of anything?

PaRaDoX

From the old days
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW N54 Twin Turbo
Hey guys,
first pub post, since getting my car and licensee 2 months ago iv been in love with driving.
Is there any racetracks in Victoria that has open days often? and do they do like wet days? for some drifting fun?
Im not a fan of breaking the law, especially since i want to keep my licensee and car, but i still want to have some fun in the wet..

Anyone no of anything?

Try Winton (near Benalla), they have regular events, as for "wet events" i'm not so sure, the risk of crashing increases significantly and some tracks wont open if its wet. Winton have regular fun /test and tune days.

first of all maybe you should start with a safe driver course and learn the limits of your car in a skidpan, insurance wont cover you on the track as well so it pays to practice :) ., you'll find some modifications will need to be made to "drift" or even power slide properly but its a good place to start!

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
Try Winton (near Benalla), they have regular events, as for "wet events" i'm not so sure, the risk of crashing increases significantly and some tracks wont open if its wet. Winton have regular fun /test and tune days.

first of all maybe you should start with a safe driver course and learn the limits of your car in a skidpan, insurance wont cover you on the track as well so it pays to practice :) ., you'll find some modifications will need to be made to "drift" or even power slide properly but its a good place to start!

i heard some insurance mobs will subsidise the cost of these courses, or give a discount on your insurance if you do one.

rhysdalegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore VX S Pack
Yea iv heard that too, especially on your p's. apparently you go down or up in levels (which reduces price)