Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] (P1) Laws Question!

havavb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Ute
Hey guys i got my P1 p's about a week ago, but im a little confused about the law of passengers. It says i can only carry one between the ages of 16-21. Now thats bullshit. So they want me to ditch my mates for pre-pubescent brats or older people in general. But the question is. Say i have my mate who is 18 in the passenger. And a 2 close family friends who are 15 in the back am i aloud to still carry them because they're under that age restriction or since i have my friend who is in that age restriction he can only be in the car?

Amy aka boozey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
im on red p's as well, hating the passenger restrictions.
yeh you can still have the two 15 year olds, they are under the 16-21y.o restriction so that doesnt matter.
as long as there is only one person aged 16-21 (exclusing family), you're fine and the age of the other passengers is of no concern

VL-EXEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
You answered the question urself 1 passenger between the ages of 16-21

havavb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Ute
Thanks for the help. So if cops pull me over they cant pin me for carrying more than 1 passenger?

fkford

Love The Beast!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec S2
your only allowed 1 passenger aged 16-21..you can carry others if there not in that age bracket.

Although there is discression if they are a family member

havavb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Ute
Yeah i went and checked it out with police. As they approached me and a mate at the skate park. Looking for some kid for graffiti or something. I asked them and they said ill get done. So we went to Vic Roads and they said it was fine. My friend and me just looked at each other to say well cops must want us lol. But thats bullshit cops should know the laws. Thats false information can i sue them?

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
Thats false information can i sue them?

It's not false information, and not if you want to win, if you can even find a charge.

You have to keep in mind, the onus falls on the passengers to prove that they are either A) related to you, or B) above 21, or below 16. If they can not all provide reasonable proof, expect a fine.

sjmcc

Reaction score
Website
www.hawthornweightlifting.com
Members Ride
VS Berlina
You can also carry any amount (up to what the car can legally take) of passengers between 16-21 IF an "experienced driver" is sitting in the front passenger seat. I assume "experienced driver" would mean someone on a full license.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
If you carry 2 15 year olds in the back, you better hope they have some form of photo ID on them or you are going to cop a fine.