Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Pulled over for speeding --- question

the11819

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Turbo
answered.........

Last edited:

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
depending on the circumstances they may come to your house and have a chat to you or u may just get a summons in the mail like u said ill give u a hot tip but go park your mums car in the drive in case they decided they want to impound it they cant impound a vehicle thats on ur property

edit: NAUGHTY BOY

jono0309

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Every situation is different, some cops take it in to their discretion, but others feel like P platers need to the full blown treatment, court/fines/loss of license/etc.
I was pulled over by an undercover cop because I maintained my speed whilst going around a corner, rather than slowing down, not illegal but still pulled me over and gave me the chat about how I should be more careful, etc, I am a P plater too, gotta love the special treatment.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
hi guys i got pulled over for speeding. i was doing 120 in a 100 zone (i know lol) on a highway. copper said i was doing more but he'd put that down and it 'may save your license'. he caught me speeding past him (undercover) as he was driving. he was doing like 140 then slowed down but yeah anyway. i was driving mum's car and i didnt have the P plates on and i also didn't have my drivers license on me, only an old learners license. anyway whats the deal on this? court? he didnt give me a ticket nor a warning, he said he'd look me up at the station. he obviously didnt like me he said i didnt give a ****. i must have looked like i didnt care. i just didnt have much to say, but i was nice to him. will i get a summons in the mail or something? this is my first traffic offence. whats the general punishment for this type of thing?

state: victoria

IF this thread lasts long enough for me to get this post in..

Firstly, I hope you lose your license (i know lol) - its not a laughing matter.. You're clearly in the wrong, in your mums car, and not displaying p plates. He definately will look you up at the station, and distinct chance you'll have a court hearing, and lose your license.

Enjoy Connex.

MY-42-VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VT Commodore
mmmm i think u might go to court ... i got done doing 115 ( red p's ) and i got a fine and lost my licence for 3 months... the cop never mentioned i was gonna loose my licence ... so u gotta look it up mate, i found out on the RTA web site i was gonna loose my licence lol...so best to read up on whats gonna happen so your not in for a nasty suprise lol

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
i got done at 57 in a school zone on red ps got fined 150 bucks and lost 4 demerits and still have a license god i love wa

edit: i got done by a TRIAL reverse camera at 3:57 over here school zones are over at 4 no crossing guard or amber lights flashing but still copped it on the chin i suggest u do the same

the11819

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Turbo
IF this thread lasts long enough for me to get this post in..

Firstly, I hope you lose your license (i know lol) - its not a laughing matter.. You're clearly in the wrong, in your mums car, and not displaying p plates. He definately will look you up at the station, and distinct chance you'll have a court hearing, and lose your license.

Enjoy Connex.

Bit sandy in the vagina hey? Don't get your panties in a knot (i know lol), I didn't say I was in the right.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Bit sandy in the vagina hey? Don't get your panties in a knot (i know lol), I didn't say I was in the right.

No panties in a knot here mate, im only saying what many would be thinking.

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
If you haven't been given any paper work, it could be a good thing, I could say your and idiot but I am in no way as perfect as the many people that are going to say things like that to you. I'm sure you know you ****ed up.
Good Luck

the11819

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Turbo
yeah it was silly, rushing to an appointment isn't that important and I feel pretty stupid about it to be honest. nothing I can do now though. just have to be slower in future.

thanks for the advice