Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Speeding infringements

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
i got mine in the mail within 4 days

DanVN

Cruizin' in style!
Reaction score
Members Ride
01 WH Statesman International 5.7L
Ditto my fine for accidentally high beaming a cop car came in the mail in like 3 days

eXphoid

I have no license yet xD.
Reaction score
Website
www.exphoid.com
Members Ride
VZ executive & VS Equipe S2 Ecotec
You just want to know so you can wait by the mailbox and take it out before anyone else sees it hey eXphoid?

You got it steve :)

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
Police don't need you to agree that you were speeding. They will still give you the ticket regardless of your thoughts. If you disagree, you then take the matter to court. Clever Police officers will not say "Did you realise you were doing 100 in the 80 zone back there?". Because they won't want your answer to be "I thought it was 90 officer, I disagree." The Police don't want a confrontation or argument on the side of the road, thats what the courts are for.

A smart officer will generally say, "Any reason for you not abiding by the speed limit back there?". Most people will realise they actually were speeding by a certain amount and answer with many reasons or even say they don't know. Alot of people are nervous or pissed off and will then forget to even ask how much they were speeding. At this point, the officer will ask for the licence, go back to the car, write the ticket and then bring it back to you. Only then will you know your speed that they clocked you at. You will probably then begin to complain once you see the infringement details, but as I said, the courts are where you fight the ticket, not with the officer on the side of the road. He will advise that if you want to dispute the ticket, then the details are on the reverse side of the infringement notice.

This is based on WA. Unsure if Vic has different court system, infringement notice forms etc.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Faiirly well the same.
If you were speeding and you know it, cop to it straight up. Good chance if the copper isnt a douche you'll get warning provided its not the 11ty millonth time.

Kurtp

VR Buicks > You ;)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 V6 Sedan
I asked the cop that pulled me over how fast i was doing, it just seemed to make him angrier. Though i knew for a fact he had caught me because he put his lights on from a fair distance!