Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[vic] stolen ve calais wagon silver

VE_CalaisV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportswagon
Hey all,

Just got home to find that my car has been stolen.....!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a 2009 VE Calais Sportswagon V8 rego XFE111. It was stolen from an underground parking garage over the weekend sometime in South Melbourne. The only thing that makes thr car recognisable compared to the standard Calais is it is lowered and has a walkinshaw exhaust (walkinshaw billet exhaust tips)..

The thieves also stole my set of 20" HRS Black rims with chrome lip. With near new Kumho tyres. Plus they stole my pressure washer, spare pedders springs and my gym bag.

I am devastated and although I am insured, I still can't believe people are stupid enough to break into an underground secure parking garage with CCTV cameras everywhere. I have called them cops and they weren't super helpful. They want me to send in the body corporate footage when I get it so they can evaluate it etc.....

Anyway, if anyone sees anything which I doubt, please let me know...

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
Good luck getting your baby back in one piece. I hope at least they don't trash it too badly. If they do, I hope they total it. They're often never the same after some low life gets their hands on them

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
Sorry to hear that, I hope it all works out for you.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
The #### is wrong with people..

VE_CalaisV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportswagon
UPDATE:
Car was found crashed into a tree in Endeavour Hills. They have thrashed the **** out of it. Rear tyres totally bald, every wheel is chipped or cracked (Hitting gutters) Front of car smashed up from hitting tree (not too bad) and they have ripped out the drivers seat (no idea why.....) There is no oil left in the engine, and there is oil coming out of the exhaust pipes (not sure what that means but it can't be good)

I got the CCTV footage and got the plates off the car he rocked up in to steal my car, that car is apparently his so the cops are close....

But the worst thing about all this is AAMI insurance are currently not playing ball with my claim and saying that I'm not covered as I missed last months direct debit payment and therefore voided my cover. I have no evidence that they notified me that my cover was voided. So I am fighting that right now. Very Stressful.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Any idea about how they managed to take it?

iaydemir

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Berlina
UPDATE:
Car was found crashed into a tree in Endeavour Hills. They have thrashed the **** out of it. Rear tyres totally bald, every wheel is chipped or cracked (Hitting gutters) Front of car smashed up from hitting tree (not too bad) and they have ripped out the drivers seat (no idea why.....) There is no oil left in the engine, and there is oil coming out of the exhaust pipes (not sure what that means but it can't be good)

I got the CCTV footage and got the plates off the car he rocked up in to steal my car, that car is apparently his so the cops are close....

But the worst thing about all this is AAMI insurance are currently not playing ball with my claim and saying that I'm not covered as I missed last months direct debit payment and therefore voided my cover. I have no evidence that they notified me that my cover was voided. So I am fighting that right now. Very Stressful.

Sorry to hear, hope it works out okay mate!
Just out of curiosity how long have you been with the current insurer before the payment was missed?