Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[vic] vicroads out in force over this long weekend

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
so not only VicPol, but vicroads will be out too.

VicRoads to issue fines during holiday road blitz

Motorists flouting the road rules this long weekend won't only have police to contend with.

For the first time, VicRoads officers also will be booking drivers in a bid to halt the state's soaring road toll, which rose to 144 yesterday with the deaths of three men in a truck smash.

Nine VicRoads vehicles will join police patrolling the state's roads for Operation Aegis VIII, a four-day road blitz that is being rolled out from midnight tonight.

A VicRoads spokeswoman said the organisation's transport safety services officers had been able to fine offending motorists since 1983 under the Transport Act.

However, their focus until now had largely been on enforcing freight regulations.

This weekend, at the request of police, those officers would also fine regular motorists for a series of offences, including speeding.

"The vehicles are fitted with mobile speed devices and can issue fines for hazardous driving and a list of other infringements," she said.

When the operation is complete, VicRoads officers would return to enforcing freight regulations, she said.

The road toll rose to 144 yesterday, 16 more than for the same period last year, with the deaths of three men in a crash in Victoria's north.

Police said a truck left the road at Stewarton, about 40 kilometres east of Shepparton, and struck a tree.

Two men died at the scene, while the 61-year-old driver of the vehicle died in hospital last night.

Superintendent Neville Taylor said Operation Aegis was not always rolled out on long weekends but, given the rising road toll, police had decided to take the all-hands-on-deck approach.

"We will not accept any excuse for dangerous driving, speeding or drink-driving," he said, adding police would be specifically targeting areas in the state's north-east as part of Operation Snow Bunny.

Last year, five people died on roads around Mount Buller during the snow season.

"The roads are slippery and wet and unlike the driving conditions here in the city," Superintendent Taylor said.

"So make sure your vehicles are checked and safe before you head for the snow."

Operation Aegis VIII officially kicks off at 12.01am Friday and will finish on Monday night.

i know that vicroads has always been able to do this, but now there has been a public statement that it will be happening.

nice pretty purple lights too haha.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Seen vicroads pull over a guy the other day, lights going, he just kept going, dumbshit must not have realised they can pull you over too.
He pulled over after lights and sirens and driving next to him, would hate to be him, failing to pull over, speeding and no lights on boat trailer, not even an attempt to put any there.

Will be a fun weekend towing a boat around :(

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Seen vicroads pull over a guy the other day, lights going, he just kept going, dumbshit must not have realised they can pull you over too.
He pulled over after lights and sirens and driving next to him, would hate to be him, failing to pull over, speeding and no lights on boat trailer, not even an attempt to put any there.

Will be a fun weekend towing a boat around :(

most people would just claim they had never known to pull over for purple.

Id probably keep driving also. purple is for council and security guards here

Locksmiff

Reaction score
Can't that come up with something more macho "Snow Bunny". I would piss myself over the long weekend

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Sweeet, i love these blitzes, its hilarious seeing a line up of P Plater cars with stupidly low suspension and big yellow stickers. Hopefully will also get the retards who are driving around with bald tyres and unregistered cars.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
Sweeet, i love these blitzes, its hilarious seeing a line up of P Plater cars with stupidly low suspension and big yellow stickers. Hopefully will also get the retards who are driving around with bald tyres and unregistered cars.

same, i always lol at the P platers but they think its heaps sickk.

i do hope they get the people in the junkheaps too.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
shh, i was living in a fantasy world for a second there ;)

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
im sure they will keep it going well past the long weekend if it makes them good money, which im sure it will

cracker

Reaction score
meh why would you pull over for purple lights, would you pull over if the racv was behind you.