Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VIC: Written-off status

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
I had the same problem with my old vz ute, guy hit me up about it and I never wrote it off, and he didn't get a revs check so was his own fault not mine, selling a car privately you don't have to say if it's written off or not, but if it's in a car yard/lot then they have too, we'll that's what a few car dealerships have told me

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Still works, Check vehicle details before purchase : VicRoads

Does seem to be different than last time, but I searched against my own rego and it seemed to show the info you would want.

when i was using it to look for a Maloo it had to two extra handy features

'Encumbrance owing' and 'Written-Off Status'

two features that should be free IMO. if the car has been in a bingle and you want to know more than fair enough pay $X amount and get the history.

Only costs $3 from memory .

Adds up when every dodgey kent on carsales is trying to flog a repairable write-off.

^this. it might be only $3 but you dont buy the first car you look at. and everything starts to add up when buying a new car, loan, stamp duty, rego, insurance, roady.

I had the same problem with my old vz ute, guy hit me up about it and I never wrote it off, and he didn't get a revs check so was his own fault not mine, selling a car privately you don't have to say if it's written off or not, but if it's in a car yard/lot then they have too, we'll that's what a few car dealerships have told me

cheers mate, very helpful info.

timbo888

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
if people can't afford to throw $3 at a few cars they are interested in, then how can you afford the fuel to drive your new car home?

when i was looking for my SS I found a car in a yard in sydney that seemed a bit cheap for its year/k's. rang the yard and spoke to them and it all seemed good, someone from a forum went to check it out for me at said the car looked in good condition, so i did the PPS check. turned out the car was written off on QLD, then written off in VIC 6 months later - now being sold in sydney with no mention of history over the phone. best money spent on that background check.

you could always save the $3 and buy a repaired write off only to find out when you try to sell it and people want to drop your price by a few grand.