Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vicroads Changing!!!

vkwalks39

NUCKING FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 / VH V8 / VR V8
Today i just heard from my mechanic mate, He was saying that vicroads are changing rules of mods on your car. From July the 1st you won't be allowed to do any mods on a vehicle. If you do you would lose a demerit point. And if you do get more than three yellow (lovely) stickers your car will be crush.......:boxing:

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
this is the biggest load of poo on a stick i have ever heard.
i think your mechanic mate is sniffing too much petrol.....

vkwalks39

NUCKING FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 / VH V8 / VR V8
lol I think so too. I even heard it from the bloke who owns the wreckers here in crap town. He said the same.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
is this in regards to p plate drivers cars? as in they can't modify their cars? if so that has always been the case.
if he is reffering to anyone whom owns a car cannot modify it, i think that you should laugh at him and walk away.....

vkwalks39

NUCKING FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 / VH V8 / VR V8
tim005 it replys to anyone mate. They both do roadworthy. I was telling him that. I've put blue 253 into my vh, and that i was going to buy a 308 blue for my vk. My mechanic mate, tells me go and see vicroads before you spend anymore money.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
tim005 it replys to anyone mate. They both do roadworthy. I was telling him that. I've put blue 253 into my vh, and that i was going to buy a 308 blue for my vk. My mechanic mate, tells me go and see vicroads before you spend anymore money.

...I think youve misunderstood him.

What I think he means is you may want to head to vicroads and check out whether or not you will be needing engineers certificates etc and what exactly the current rules are for engine transplants.

vkwalks39

NUCKING FUTS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 / VH V8 / VR V8
Grennan, gday, I went to vicroads I was telling them what i want to do to my commodores they look at me with a dumb look and give me a pieces of paper and they said to ring one of these numbers engineers mobs... I thought that I can put a blue motor in a blue engine bay. So why do i need a engineer cert, for my cars. I have a clean driving record. I'm on full lic's. My mechanic mate, has totally confused me....:(