Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] VicRoads Inspection Question

Bardy-II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
Hey so I've finally...emphasis on the finally - got the green slip for my VZ, it's taken months, and I've filled out all the paper work ready to go for the Rego inspection next week.

My biggest question is my mechanic has accidentally put the wrong suburb so I live in Langwarrin South, however he left off the South, and the postcode is 1 digit wrong. The suburb down is just Langwarrin, and there's no address the same as mine there so I'm just hoping they see sense? Are they gonna pick the roady for that or will all my evidence and permits and forms justify it as an honest mistake on his part? His number and license is obviously all on there so they can just call him to check, but I don't wanna get caught up and lose more money!

Problem is you can't get another roadworthy without paying the fee because the number will be different, but I might just be worrying for no reason because this car has given me hell!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
If they have a problem with it take it back and get him to write you a new one? Old mate should comp the cost.

Doubt anybody can really tell you if they'll pass you or not.

Bardy-II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
Yeah you would think so, but each slip has a different number on so that would basically require a new roadworthy

I was hoping maybe someone had a similar problem, like it's all legitimate with the VIN and whatnot, so hopefully depending on the day a small detail like the address wont matter, especially as I have overwhelming evidence to prove my address and connecting that to the car. Dang!

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I'm gonna give VicRoads a call tomorrow I guess, see if I can suss it out!
I wouldnt call them - it's a waste of time. You could call 10 different times and end up with 10 completely different answers or opinions. Just take the roadworthy and all associated paperwork and hand it over.

Bardy-II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
Okay, thanks man! Fingers crossed. Will let ya's know how it goes! Gotta be a miserable chunk to reject it on a postcode I feel.