Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VicRoads vehicle inspections

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
True that. Well its at stock height, 15" VR calais rims, interior is standard apart from VN calais wheel and VP L2 cluster which isnt really classed as modifications. Only real mod is the exhaust, which I better replace with stock until im in the clear. Lucky I kept it :). Though might have to grind the rusted tip off to make it look acceptable :p

Don't grind too much off... It must still clear the last floor seam without protruding past the rear plastics. They *might* sting that one if/when you go and get a roadworthy certificate test.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
You are correct. But its possible I can get a roadworthy from someone who isnt exactly picky. Sure if theres something majorly wrong they will knock it back, but not a couple of bushes and some boots. I was just more concerned about what happens with the vicroads inspection.

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
You are correct. But its possible I can get a roadworthy from someone who isnt exactly picky. Sure if theres something majorly wrong they will knock it back, but not a couple of bushes and some boots. I was just more concerned about what happens with the vicroads inspection.

ahh yeah i'm with ya. You might get lucky, bushes and rubbers are usually high on their list though unfortunately.

Be cautious, it's a common misconception that you can drive an unregistered car to a roadworthy inspection without a vicroads daypass/permit. You need a permit.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
ahh yeah i'm with ya. You might get lucky, bushes and rubbers are usually high on their list though unfortunately.

Be cautious, it's a common misconception that you can drive an unregistered car to a roadworthy inspection without a vicroads daypass/permit. You need a permit.

but you dont need a day pass to take an unregistered RWC car for a registration if you have an appointment (as its covered in the cost apparently)

crazy huh :p

aZk.

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
but you dont need a day pass to take an unregistered RWC car for a registration if you have an appointment (as its covered in the cost apparently)

aZk.

lol it's a wonder they don't try people for both. fees on fees. welcome to vicroads.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yeah I think foxman is slightly confuzzled :) the road worthy is where all your safetly checking happen, Vicroads just want to know numbers and ownership details they have nothing to do with anything else. Cracked boots wont pass.. ever, old but OK suspension rubbers will

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec

You don't need a permit, I went into vicroads to ask for one and they told me it's all part or the appointment fee

StevenzZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S Tiga Mica
i think what azzfox is trying to get at is, sometimes if the car has run OUT of rego and you want to re-register the vehicle they sometimes lift the car up on the hoist/pit and give it a good going over to make sure things have been fixed etc,

its to stop the dodgy RWC when people just write down "sump leaking" "RH steering rack boot torn" and they dont replace it, just issue the RWC so when it gets to vicroads they check and make sure its been done and its not a dodgy if you understand what im saying:thumbsup:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
As if vicroads have a hoist :)? it would want to be some bloody fancy vicroads. If it's out of rego and changed owners you need a RWC anyway and no ones going to give you a certificate if it's got things wrong with it. If a cop were to pull you over that week and find something wrong with it they loose thier testing license. That happens fairly often and no ones silly enough to risk that these days

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V

Yeah thats alright. Permits arent worth much.

aZk.

Sounds about right lol, but lucky me Ill need a permit.

Cracked boots wont pass.. ever, old but OK suspension rubbers will

Dang, might just do the rack end boots because they are really obvious, and not need an alignment if I mark the tie rods current position.

i think what azzfox is trying to get at is, sometimes if the car has run OUT of rego and you want to re-register the vehicle they sometimes lift the car up on the hoist/pit and give it a good going over to make sure things have been fixed etc,

its to stop the dodgy RWC when people just write down "sump leaking" "RH steering rack boot torn" and they dont replace it, just issue the RWC so when it gets to vicroads they check and make sure its been done and its not a dodgy if you understand what im saying:thumbsup:

Correctamundo :p