Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VicRoads vehicle inspections

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
You don't need a permit, I went into vicroads to ask for one and they told me it's all part or the appointment fee

Yep. exactly as i stated, also exactly as azk stated.
No permit when you have a rego booking with vicroads.
Permit needed to and from mechanics for roady.:thumbsup:

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
but you dont need a day pass to take an unregistered RWC car for a registration if you have an appointment (as its covered in the cost apparently)

crazy huh :p

aZk.

You are right,booking fee includes permission to drive it there with no permit required.But only straight to Vic roads.

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
I have just got myself a Landcruiser and will have to go through rego and stuff,but the RW will be done right and permits when required.It a bit of a headache but it needs to be done.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
and no ones going to give you a certificate if it's got things wrong with it. no ones silly enough to risk that these days

Rubbish, it happens every day :) It happened to me - I paid for it :p

And Vicroads USUALLY don't take a look underneath a car, but they are well within their rights to if they feel they need to.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Rubbish, it happens every day :) It happened to me - I paid for it :p

Thats what I thought lol. I shouldnt be saying this but I was offered a RWC for $100 without the car leaving my shed. Still waiting to see what happens about that, but he may have been full of it. But I do know someone who doesnt worry about small stuff like leaks.etc

In saying that Im still doing all the appropriate welding and as much as I can before it goes on the road. If anyone else got that offer I bet they wouldnt do ****.

And Vicroads USUALLY don't take a look underneath a car, but they are well within their rights to if they feel they need to.

And this is why Im bolting the stock exhaust back on. If they see the twin tips and red P plates then thats a big no no for me. :p