Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Victoria Police Crewman Divisional Van event

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
The Victorian Police and Holden launch the new Crewman-based Divisional Van
- the safest prisoner transport vehicle in Australia.

The four-door Victoria Police Holden Divisional Van is a safer, unique vehicle. For the first time, Police can carry five personnel in one vehicle and still have capacity for detainees in the security pod, thanks to Holden design and engineering.

Holden and the Victoria Police launch the new divisional van on the steps of the Melbourne Exhibition Centre on Tuesday 1 March.

Divisional Van demonstrations, photography and interview opportunities with Victoria Police Region 3 (North West) Assistant Commissioner Gary Jamieson and Holden Director Sales Megan Stooke will be provided following the event.

Source: Holden Media Web Site.

U

Ute God

Darren said:
For the first time, Police can carry five personnel in one vehicle and still have capacity for detainees in the security pod, thanks to Holden design and engineering.

What about the paddy wagon?

T

Twin_Bangerz

That IS the div van. As if you could fit 5 adults in a crewman.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
5 adults can sit comfortably in a Commodore, so i can't see why you couldn't get 5 adults in a Crewman.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
goVZ said:
5 adults can sit comfortably in a Commodore, so i can't see why you couldn't get 5 adults in a Crewman.
so youve obviously never tried to sit on one then....
three adult pygmys in the back maybe.
( no offence to our shorter members intended)
seriously if youre much taller than 5 feet you will have trouble getting in.

Cheers Rob

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
I just assumed that since its based on the Commodore, it'd be the same inside as a Commodore.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
Funnily enough its based on the Ute model......not the sedan hense no rear head room.....wouldnt like my 6ft5 chances in the back of one

D

DEMNVT

Hey There,

Although i am exceptionally new round here, this thread caught my eye as my bf actually has been building these for the past 3 months.... therefore we have a few pics so thought maybe id post them up for you. On his behalf of course, as i have only just been told about this site, i will tell him tonight and im sure he will be happy to get on tonight when he gets home from work to tell all about the nooks n crannys of these new beasts :p

Anyhow, heres a few pics he took, before the first lot were sent out for the "launch" day of the new Crewman Police Vehicles!

VTBerlinacopy.jpg

VTBerlina3copy.jpg

VTBerlina2copy.jpg

Anyhow, off to look at more of the site! :)

Take it easy Guys!!

Becc (aka DEMNVT)