Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Victoria Police Crewman Divisional Van event

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Looks a bit silly.

R

RKZ234

They look like a big white Hearse!!

As for transporting 5 coppers in comfort, you must be kidding. There's virtually no backseat legroom. The back seat upright slopes slightly forward, meaning your shoulderblades and head are infront of your waist, making the back seat a very uncomfortable ride going any further than around the block.

The back seat is OK for kids, but you'd have to be a very very short adult to be even remotely comfortable.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
there kewl :D

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Back of the crewman is not too bad, its almost bolt upright but hey at least it improves your posture. I've sat in the back of one for three hours no complaints.

F

Fitzy44

Crewman Comfort

goVZ said:
5 adults can sit comfortably in a Commodore, so i can't see why you couldn't get 5 adults in a Crewman.

As a Crewman owner (currently a VY-II "S" but by end of next week a VZ Crewman "SS") I can say that the rear seat of a Crewman really suits smaller adults or children. My son (14 and reasonably big for his age) finds it OK on longer trips (like Melb > Northern NSW and back). The rear of the seat is also rather vertical. It could never be described as really roomy back there. Your traditional tall if not large copper would find uncomfortable in the rear seat for long periods and wouldn't like the centre position.

R

RKZ234

jetspin_vl said:
Back of the crewman is not too bad, its almost bolt upright but hey at least it improves your posture. I've sat in the back of one for three hours no complaints.

It's actually very bad for your posture as the seat it places your head forward of your body's centre of gravity and places great strain on neck muscles and your lower back around the area of L2-3, L3-4 & L4-5. THe taller the passenger, the worse the problem.

R

RKZ234

Fitzy44 said:
As a Crewman owner (currently a VY-II "S" but by end of next week a VZ Crewman "SS") I can say that the rear seat of a Crewman really suits smaller adults or children. My son (14 and reasonably big for his age) finds it OK on longer trips (like Melb > Northern NSW and back). The rear of the seat is also rather vertical. It could never be described as really roomy back there. Your traditional tall if not large copper would find uncomfortable in the rear seat for long periods and wouldn't like the centre position.

I totally agree. The seat is only good for people under about 5ft 6in. For coppers it is only a short trip vehicle for the back seat pasengers. Being 6ft 2in, I'd refuse to do a shift in one if I had to sit in the back seat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II S/C S
As if you could seat 5 cops in the crewman with full duty belts ( loaded with guns, cuffs, shark repellant, batton, torch, phone radio ect! ).
That is why the Vic Police came up with this idea. You fit two cops in the front seats, stuff a crim or three in the back seat any way you can and comfortably seat three other cops in the rear pod.
Don't tell me you lot thought the pod was for crims??
Have any of you seen inside the pod of the new crewman yet?? I have, I was looking through one just the other day. I even took some pics while I was there. Check it out................

mypic10.jpg

mixin

Ol' fart, young heart!
Reaction score
Hahaha, very good!

That must be the one the commissioner does his "walk the streets" political stunts in!

R

RKZ234

mypic10.jpg

Ah, so that's what a Mobile Police Command Post Vehicle looks like inside. Silly me always thought it would have lots of Police stuff in it, like radios, batons, OC Spray refills, a fax, mobile phone, urn and a pie warmer, maybe even a microwave!

I can see the nice beige chair there for "boss," whilst the troops have to contend with crappy wooden backed ones with minimal seat cushioning at their overcrowded little workstation!! Curiously I don't seem to be able to see a desk to go with the boss's chair, but I do see the boss's "office" down the back there!