Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Victorian Anti-Hoon Legislation

Discussion in 'General' started by Spyper, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Spyper

Spyper New Member

Members Ride:
    VX II Acclaim
    I've been trying to find details of this new legislation that has passed but haven't been able to find anything concrete at the moment. Does anyone have a link to the exact laws imposed now?

Also, any stories that you've heard of thus far regarding anti hoon legislation? I've been away for awhile so missed a whole lot, but apparantly a trial in my area (western suburbs melbourne) has already claimed like 80 cars.

What can they impound cars for? Speeding? Burn outs? etc..

2. calais_304

calais_304 New Member

Members Ride:
    98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
    umm squeek of tires, taking off to fast, burnouts, taking corners to fast, **** like that.
    edit* as far as i know nothing has been set in concrete yet (not in QLD anyway) and i can't wait till it's here either, you should of heard these young kids at the shops talkin about how cool it would be to have hoon plates and if they did get them they'd wear em proud..phuckin idiots

3. SMIT

SMIT Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
    Check the vic roads site.

4. Spyper

Spyper New Member

Members Ride:
    VX II Acclaim
    It's hard to find anything specifically relating to exact laws. Couldn't find anything on the vicroads website, but I did find this article from 2005 detailing what changes were taking place. It seems that the police have a lot of discretion when detemining whether behaviour is 'hoon' or not. 'Exhibitionist Loss Of Traction' is one, drag racing is another, and also 'time trials'.

http://www.aharkness.org/01_cms/details.asp?k_id=443

5. minux

minux Infidel Bear

Members Ride:
    300rwkw FG G6ET/Specialized Tarmac SL4
    Sorry but if you get caught doing anything like that you should know that you arent allowed to do it.

If you don't drive like a ****wit you have no concerns :)

6. vlv8vic

vlv8vic <---Brad Quaid = internet stalker

Members Ride:
    M5
    amen to that.

7. vy_storm

vy_storm just another moderator... Staff Member

Members Ride:
    VE Calais V 6L
    I have been trying to find details of the similar SA anti-hoon legislation online but have also found it to be either non-existent or must be labelled as something else. Am only really interested for the the purpose of cruises and the like to see what people attending can be exposed to or hit up for if something goes wrong.

8. Tatiana

Tatiana Russian Gymnast Staff Member

Members Ride:
    Bought a jeep
  9. Spyper

Spyper New Member

Members Ride:
    VX II Acclaim
    Don't get me wrong.. 'exhibitionist loss of traction' definately comes under hooning. But I'm talking about speeding and all that kind of stuff.. like 10kms over a policeman can say 'hoon' and impound your car if he doesn't like the look of you (or your P plates).

Their boss has to approve it afterwards however, but still.. could cause a lot of hiccups.

Apparantly they can clamp your car now too if you have too many unpaid fines.. imagine walking out of safeway only to discover you have to walk your trolley home.. =P

10. Ripcell

Ripcell R8 FTW!!!

Members Ride:
    324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
    no the vicroads site said speeding at a hooning level is 45kph or more over, u must be doing 45ks or over to lose your car, only exemption is doing 135ks and over in a 110 zone

so for doing 10 over isnt considered hooning, if it was in sure almost everyone would lose their car almost every day cos im sure everyone accidently goes 10 over at some point.

11. Dayvo

Dayvo Because i can

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 Series 2
    A few of my sons ex mates have been driving past our house for a while yelling and screaming then driving off .The ********s drive past on Friday and Saturday nights at roughly the same time so i just stood out the front last night and waited for them to drive past and took a picture of their green VR/VS wagon complete with rego number. After contacting the Dandenong police with this info i was advised to ring 000 next time it happens and they can get their car confiscated under the hoon laws .So this goes to show that you don't actually have to be driving in an eratic or dangerous manner to have your car impounded under these laws.