Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Victorian Anti-Hoon Legislation

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
I've been trying to find details of this new legislation that has passed but haven't been able to find anything concrete at the moment. Does anyone have a link to the exact laws imposed now?

Also, any stories that you've heard of thus far regarding anti hoon legislation? I've been away for awhile so missed a whole lot, but apparantly a trial in my area (western suburbs melbourne) has already claimed like 80 cars.

What can they impound cars for? Speeding? Burn outs? etc..

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
Spyper said:
What can they impound cars for? Speeding? Burn outs? etc..

umm squeek of tires, taking off to fast, burnouts, taking corners to fast, **** like that.
edit* as far as i know nothing has been set in concrete yet (not in QLD anyway) and i can't wait till it's here either, you should of heard these young kids at the shops talkin about how cool it would be to have hoon plates and if they did get them they'd wear em proud..phuckin idiots

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
It's hard to find anything specifically relating to exact laws. Couldn't find anything on the vicroads website, but I did find this article from 2005 detailing what changes were taking place. It seems that the police have a lot of discretion when detemining whether behaviour is 'hoon' or not. 'Exhibitionist Loss Of Traction' is one, drag racing is another, and also 'time trials'.

http://www.aharkness.org/01_cms/details.asp?k_id=443

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Spyper said:
It seems that the police have a lot of discretion when detemining whether behaviour is 'hoon' or not. 'Exhibitionist Loss Of Traction' is one, drag racing is another, and also 'time trials'

Sorry but if you get caught doing anything like that you should know that you arent allowed to do it.

If you don't drive like a ****wit you have no concerns :)

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
I have been trying to find details of the similar SA anti-hoon legislation online but have also found it to be either non-existent or must be labelled as something else. Am only really interested for the the purpose of cruises and the like to see what people attending can be exposed to or hit up for if something goes wrong.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Don't get me wrong.. 'exhibitionist loss of traction' definately comes under hooning. But I'm talking about speeding and all that kind of stuff.. like 10kms over a policeman can say 'hoon' and impound your car if he doesn't like the look of you (or your P plates).

Their boss has to approve it afterwards however, but still.. could cause a lot of hiccups.

Apparantly they can clamp your car now too if you have too many unpaid fines.. imagine walking out of safeway only to discover you have to walk your trolley home.. =P

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
no the vicroads site said speeding at a hooning level is 45kph or more over, u must be doing 45ks or over to lose your car, only exemption is doing 135ks and over in a 110 zone

so for doing 10 over isnt considered hooning, if it was in sure almost everyone would lose their car almost every day cos im sure everyone accidently goes 10 over at some point.