Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Video showing VE AC drain tube location?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

RochyBoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE (Factory) LPG Berlina
Update.
The mechanic reckons he found the leak and has fixed it. He removed the glove box and LF passenger seat, pulled up the carpets on the passenger side, and sprayed water till he found it.
Was coming in around where the power cable (that runs from the red +ve jump point under the bonnet back to the battery in the boot) goes through the firewall, above the passenger side footwell.
Whatever GMH installed to stop water passing through this hole obviously failed after 10 years.
Water was trickling down from this hole, wetting the front passenger side carpets, and running along a channel in the floorpan on the passenger side to the rear, wetting that carpet as well.
What he found is consistent with what was getting wet.
Anyway, happy days and a dry car again.
(Touch wood)

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Thanks for letting us know mate

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
That was a good find and I bet you are relieved it was a simple fix!

I found on ours the positive terminal on the interior side was not protected! The insulating cap was never put on properly.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Here is a post i posted from 4 years ago when.mine was leaking just in case you still have a leak. Looks like I have found where the problem is . Removed both wiper arms and shroud from below the windscreen I noticed that the cowl where the pollen filter sits is warped at the top where it is supposed to sit flush with the firewall and the water is running through the gap .Cleaned it up and put a heap of silicon in the gap and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Attachments

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Update.
The mechanic reckons he found the leak and has fixed it. He removed the glove box and LF passenger seat, pulled up the carpets on the passenger side, and sprayed water till he found it.
Was coming in around where the power cable (that runs from the red +ve jump point under the bonnet back to the battery in the boot) goes through the firewall, above the passenger side footwell.
Whatever GMH installed to stop water passing through this hole obviously failed after 10 years.
Water was trickling down from this hole, wetting the front passenger side carpets, and running along a channel in the floorpan on the passenger side to the rear, wetting that carpet as well.
What he found is consistent with what was getting wet.
Anyway, happy days and a dry car again.
(Touch wood)
Keep in mind that the underfelt has a waterproof type layer on top ,so even when the carpet will feel dry the underfelt will be soaked and will begin stink, also could lead to rust in the floorpan . I used a heat gun to dry mine .

RochyBoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
That was a good find and I bet you are relieved it was a simple fix!
I found on ours the positive terminal on the interior side was not protected! The insulating cap was never put on properly.

Fu, I found one of your pictures in another post - is this showing where mine was leaking?
img_8888-jpg.204404

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes. And on mine, the cap was off leaving the positive terminal exposed.

RochyBoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers.

I don't get which way Dayvo's picture is looking here with the leak he had.
rsz_1leaking_cowl-jpg.183110