Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Videos of V6's without mufflers?

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
Hey guys,

I see on the forums all the bagging out of guys with no mufflers (just a straight pipe) on their V6's and was wondering if anyone who has done it to their car could upload a video for me to hear one. Can't find any on youtube =/ . And i know people might start flaming for me asking this, but everyone baggs and I have never even heard it before, so would like a listen if anyone has got one.

thanks

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Half an hour and two 13mm spanners and you can see for yourself :).

Also jump on you tube and search for anything with no exhaust and you'll get the idea. Basically sound the same as anything with a really poor "sports" exhaust. Just really really loud.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Every time I have the zorst of mine I cant help starting it up haha. It sounds deep at idle and burbles a bit but as you increase the revs the note gets higher/quieter. Its amusing for a few minutes :p

Gotta do a zorst swap on the pulsar soon too. Should be different. Flat-plane 4 banger lol

bogan_vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
i did it to mine and lasted about a week before the cops sent me a letter telling me to produce my car into the police station for a rwc check it passed but it cost alot of money to get the car up to scratch in the 3 days they gave me to produce the car.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
The reason alot of people dont do it because the v6's dont sound good realllly loud.

But I will say one thing, before I took out my last engine I started it with no cat back (stock exhaust manifold) and it sounded like arse.... Then when I put in the new engine with extractors I started it up with no cat back, sounded a shitload better...... I still wouldn't run it like that everyday but haha

Just do what soop said, undo your exhaust after your cat, get an old clothes hanger to hold your exhaust up, then go for a drive around the bloke, i can garentee you wont want to keep it that way lol

illusionalvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
toyota lexcen - vr.
its ****. just weld a cannon to the end of the extractors for wank factor and giggles

M01ST

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VF SSV Redline, 02 VU SS Ute
its ****. just weld a cannon to the end of the extractors for wank factor and giggles

wow thats a mad idea while ure at it take ure intake piping of cut a whole in ure bonnet and run air str8 in with no filter would be a pretty decent power gain!

seriously but there is no point running a str8 through exhaust on a car because ure engine needs back pressure to run economical. too much back pressure is bad and not enuff e.g no mufflers is bad to

take ure mufflers out and see how many ks u get to a tank of fuel and then compare to with mufflers.

oh and it sounds rank to.

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
might give it a fo to see what it sounds like, is it possible to get a pipe welded through the centre muffler to look like it is a real muffler?