Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vin Numbers

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
well it is a sle and my mate reckons thats what the x means so it must be but he could only deciper half of the vin it.

stixbrad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
My VIN number is 6H8VTK35HXL and the K is meant to represent an Executive.

Only thing is is that on the tailgate my car says its an Equipe...

On my RTA rego sticker it has Executive and My NRMA insurance is down as executive. Should i change the details to Equipe? Ho can i tell for sure it's an Equipe?

CHeers

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
My VIN number is 6H8VTK35HXL and the K is meant to represent an Executive.

Only thing is is that on the tailgate my car says its an Equipe...

On my RTA rego sticker it has Executive and My NRMA insurance is down as executive. Should i change the details to Equipe? Ho can i tell for sure it's an Equipe?

CHeers

The Equipe is based on the Executive model with extras added. The rego sticker is correct:thumbsup:

stixbrad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
The Equipe is based on the Executive model with extras added. The rego sticker is correct:thumbsup:

So what do I do about the COmprehensive INsurance for NRMA? Leave it insured as an Executive or Change it to Eqiupe? They have the 2 options...

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
So what do I do about the COmprehensive INsurance for NRMA? Leave it insured as an Executive or Change it to Eqiupe? They have the 2 options...

Oh I'd change it to an Equipe as thats the "model" - it's just based on the Executive. It's like the SS Commodore - based on the Executive - but it is an SS.

stixbrad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Oh I'd change it to an Equipe as thats the "model" - it's just based on the Executive. It's like the SS Commodore - based on the Executive - but it is an SS.

Hmm okay, All the paperwork we got from Holden when it was purchased indicated it as an Equipe, the only thing that threw me off was the VIN number being 'K' and the RTA Rego being Executive - So was really unsure what to list it as for NRMA Insurance...

Might have to see if the RTA is able to change it to Equipe too... chances are they just go off the VIN

ecoimpact

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore S
VT VIN and car id (Police car)

G'day guys,

My brother has a VT commodore he is thinking of selling and wants to get some information about his car, also wants to determine whether it might be an ex police car in its former day (unmarked/marked).

Approval no. 11153 Catergory MA
Holden VT P/car

GVM -
KG -
Seats: 5
23/07/98
VIN 6H8VTK69HWL###### (last 6 numbers I left blank on purpose)

Engine no: VH791### (3

Model VT8Vk69-714
Body no. L35####
Trim: 171
Paint 8:68
Built: Jul98
ENG: LN3
Trans: M30
A/C: C60
SUSP: FE2
Axle: GU4

Tare: 1551

Cheers

Jesse

Steve Couper

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore wagon
I've got a similar concern. I need to confirm wether the HOLDEN wagon I've recently bought is an Executive or an Acclaim. I also need the year confirmed. The papers I have inidcate that its a 2007 model but the vin indicates 2006 !?
Can anyone help? Cheers.

Vin 6G1ZK84B26L936264

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
I've got a similar concern. I need to confirm wether the HOLDEN wagon I've recently bought is an Executive or an Acclaim. I also need the year confirmed. The papers I have inidcate that its a 2007 model but the vin indicates 2006 !?
Can anyone help? Cheers.

Vin 6G1ZK84B26L936264

Look under the drivers side carpet and get the build sheet. :)
"6"L936264 = 2006 model via the VIN.

But looking at the records I have (4/07 = 6L937685)

The VZ wagon bodies were made in 06 and the cars built into 07 along with the VE.