Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vinyl Wrap (roof only) Syney Area

Danthuyer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Hi

I know wraps are not painting however they come under the same exterior finish category.

Can anyone suggest a good well priced vinyl wrapper in Sydney ?

The only quote i got for doing my roof of my 2013 VF Sv6 was $350 which I feel is a bit pricy considering you can get a whole car tinted for that price.

Thanks
Dan

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
Yeah i got some wrap myself to do mine, i was told i need three people to do it, two people on either side to pull the wrap quite tightly and one person starting in the middle putting it down and working in circular motion to stick it on.
Have to sand back the place you want to put it on, spray some cold galv or primer onto that area to make sure it's all smooth, then once it's dry stick it on.

SOunds easier than it will physically be thou lol, am hoping mine turns out pretty good :)

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Yeah i got some wrap myself to do mine, i was told i need three people to do it, two people on either side to pull the wrap quite tightly and one person starting in the middle putting it down and working in circular motion to stick it on.
Have to sand back the place you want to put it on, spray some cold galv or primer onto that area to make sure it's all smooth, then once it's dry stick it on.

SOunds easier than it will physically be thou lol, am hoping mine turns out pretty good :)

I've never heard about sanding back the paint. As long as the paint is in good condition, a clean and clay should make it a good stick.

If the clear is peeling, or there are big defects in the paint, probably wont work.

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
Yeah that's why i suggested to sand it back, only has to be fine sanding to smooth it all out. My clear is peeling on my bonnet and will look and feel terrible if i stuck it on as it is, i have no choice :/

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Yeah that's why i suggested to sand it back, only has to be fine sanding to smooth it all out. My clear is peeling on my bonnet and will look and feel terrible if i stuck it on as it is, i have no choice :/

Fair enough, OP has a VF so I really hope his paint is in good nice, or I really want to know what he has done to it.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
that sounds pricy for one panel....

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Plasti dip the roof maybe 2 cans or 3 to be safe should be under $50-60 plus masking tape and stolen news paper.