Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Violent VR

Com91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Sportswagon Black/UC Torana Hatch
Could anyone shed some light on this problem i am having, My VR series 2 Calais after a few mins of driving starts to shake/run really rough and has a lot of trouble accelerating, then once we come to a stop say at the lights the revs will drop below 750rpm and shakes violently,tho this doesn't always happen but is becoming more and more frequent and is raising concern, i have a few theory's like the fuel filter but not certain. any help would be great.

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
prob your harmonic balancer (big pulley on the bottom) **** itself get it changed before it blows lol

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6

Com91

Reaction score
Members Ride
The error code came out as "12" and from what the Gregory's manual says its fine. I also check for bubbles coming out of the top of the radiator while it was running and there wasn't any, i should of mentioned that the car has been using a bit of water lately :S

TBrian

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Wagon
Is the fuel pump making a whiring buzzing noise,Stand at the back of the car and you will hear it. If it is this also is a sign of a blocked or restricted fuel filter .mine was doing this i changed the filter and it cured it.

Com91

Reaction score
Members Ride
OK well i cant exactly listen for it atm since its raining quiet heavily down here but i was going to replace the fuel filter tomorrow anyway so I'll see how that goes.:thumbsup: