Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Virgin broadband?

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
had the exact same problem, im 3 kms away from exchange, they tried this tried that, until someone said it needed interleaving turned off at the exchange, which they did and was fine, except everytime the exchange gets opened up (for whatever reason) they turn interleaving back on (they must just see it as a mistake) then I have to ring up and get them to turn it off again, ask about interleaving.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Yeah my 1st month was perfect aswell (the trial period)

I was told something about an ombudsman but i always thought they were only for government complaints?

You can lodge a complaint with the TIO TIO - Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman home page You may get some satisfaction, but as the Virgin Network is crap, I wouldn't expect too much.

Virgin don't use exchanges as they are a wireless ISP

Make sure you have lodged a proper complaint with Virgin & still had no sucess in resolving the issue, otherwise the TIO cant help you.

After you have lodged a complaint & they still cant/wont fixthe problem, then contact the TIO & they will give you an internal number & a complain t refrence number & then Virgin will pick up their act to help you, as it costs them money when the TIO get involved.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
ahhhhhh thanks alot people :) ill try out what you's have suggested and see how i go, when i find another internet provider ill cancel the virgin net :)

Gen3Jonesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII SS Gen3
I have the exact same problem with Virgin wireless... They throttle me after 1gb total data, then again at 2.5gb, I'm on a 5gb plan... Constantly drops in and out...

This company is an absolute pain in the ass, I dealt with their smartass telecenter wankers for months with no resolution... I called the TIO and they really sorted the mofo's out... Virgin called ME back and pretty much asked me what I want to happen... Now I can drop the contract at any time with no exit fee's... BUT there really are no other options in my area, short of going with another wireless provider which is pretty pointless...

Long story short... **** company... **** service... Anyone thinking of going with them... DONT.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
I recently went wireless with Exetel as I don't use the internet much anymore. I get charged 1.5 cents per megabyte.

I ordered the usb modem, and within 3 days it turned up with the sim. Activated it 10 minutes later and I was on the net.

I live 3km from the nearest tower and my download rate gets up to 600kb/s.

When I was doing my research, I read nothing but negative stuff about Virgin.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
There is no contract. You buy the USB modem off them for $195, and then they charge you 1.5c per mb you use. Break it off at any time.

Its really only designed for the casual user, as usage above 1 gig is charged at 2.5c per mb. Thats when its better to go on one of their contract plans.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I have had Virgin from day one. 1 word repeating. ****.
Reliability ****. Customer serves ****. Phone ****. Deals ****. Idea at the time great, Now ****. Contracts ****. Virgin Broadband ****. Have had 2 modems and can't wait till the end of my contract.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
LMAO @ the above.

I have a friend who pretty much said exactly what you did.