Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Virgin broadband?

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Ok so the problem is, my old lady was sick of paying so much for the fone and internet SO we got that deal with broadband + phone for like 70 a month or whatever it is...

I dont care that the speed isn't great, i can live with that but my main problem is my net constantly drops out, it pretty much last anywhere from 2-30 minutes then it will drop out.

When we 1st got it, it had this problem and they sent out a new modem, continued to happen but only recently we got a chance to call them again about it.

I call virgin, explained the problem and they apparently fixed it from their end and it should be fine. NOPE didn't work so i gave it a week or two (just incase) and i still had the same problem... Called them again they tried some more stuff, i tried some stuff on my end and it was sweet for about 30-40 minutes then started dropping out again...

Honestly its pissing me off and i talked to some other people on virgin and they said they have the exact same problem so i was wondering is there anything i can do? i dont care if the net is slow for how much i pay (which it is) but it pisses me off that im paying money for a internet connection that drops out a shitload of times in a day.

Any advice on what i can do to get them to fix it? or end my contract?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I have the same problems with primus. They have said its because i'm 5k's away from the exchange, but i don't buy into their bullshit, it was perfect for my first month, no dropouts, no slow speed, then the 2nd months, its crap. They've said theres nothing that can be done, just move to a house closer to the exchange.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Yeah my 1st month was perfect aswell (the trial period)

I was told something about an ombudsman but i always thought they were only for government complaints?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
You can contact them about any business.

They said to me, because i'm on ADSL +2 that the min speed they have to provide, is 1500kbps. They throttaled it, and I was only getting like 300 at some stages. without the throttal, i just get dropouts.

In the end they said i can opt out of the contract without any cancellation fees because they couldn't supply what they promised, although it hasnt been that bad this month (3rd month)
It still drops out a few time a day, but i've just gotten used to it, considering no-one else could provide the same downloads for the price (200gb a month)

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
ahhhhhh excellllllllent! *mr burns style* i think ill use that as a way then.... if it wa sa couple day i wouldn't really car, but i have been disconnected easily 15 times in the last 6 hours... It's pissing me off!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Forgot to ask, but have they explained the exchange thing to you? Cause it might be the same problem i have!

Although even tho this is the problem, they still insist on doing an isolation test every time, even when it yields the same results.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
ahhhhhh excellllllllent! *mr burns style* i think ill use that as a way then.... if it wa sa couple day i wouldn't really car, but i have been disconnected easily 15 times in the last 6 hours... It's pissing me off!

yeah, mine does it all the time, watching a movie or something on the xbox, and see 'disconnected from xbox live'. I'd say it does it at least 20 times a day, but its only a dropout, then reconnects with me, so its not that big a problem (not while i'm still living here anyway)

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah i have the same modem. Thats wouldn't really have much to do with what my problem is. I've tried 3 different modems, nothing fixes my problem. and no-one can explain why the first month was perfect, and no ****ed.

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
Yeah my 1st month was perfect aswell (the trial period)

I was told something about an ombudsman but i always thought they were only for government complaints?

You can lodge a complaint with the TIO TIO - Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman home page You may get some satisfaction, but as the Virgin Network is crap, I wouldn't expect too much.

Forgot to ask, but have they explained the exchange thing to you? Cause it might be the same problem i have!

Although even tho this is the problem, they still insist on doing an isolation test every time, even when it yields the same results.

Virgin don't use exchanges as they are a wireless ISP