Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Visa drivers on our roads!! Share your close encounters and thoughts.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
No way I put my trust in me not electric circuits that keep failing, just have a look at the car issues with bcm and ecu in cars today one fried chip your dead..

Along with the moral decisions made by some propeller head in the programming depatment that decides whether to sacrifice the occupants of the vehicle or someone / something else in the event of an incident.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
coming from a country where we drive on the same side as you and NZ , when I was living in Europe where they drive on the opposite side , and drive a lot faster too , it can be a bit daunting , but occasionally you do see some drivers . mainly tourists who should really be on a tour bus
Correct, I notice some countries have different languishes on signs so if other driver from different cultures can understand them, for example the great ocean road in Australia claimed victims from China as they don't understand our signs, also you just have to watch those police shows to see how bad these non speaking English are on our roads.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I am not going to comment, because it would be seen as xenophobic.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I notice some countries have different languishes on signs so if other driver from different cultures can understand them

They will be doing that here in WA.....particularly Indean Ocean Drive.....as a result of nuerous accidents involving foreign drivers.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
There are permanent Australian residents with Australian drivers licences that drive like that....So to me, it doesn't make a difference anyway

my first thought. Australian driver standards are not a gold standard by any measure.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Lol, has nothing to do with disliking anyone its to do with safety on our roads protecting them and other road users..

Pleeze explain ?
Unfortunately, since the days of Perilous Pauline, anyone who says anything negative about certain visitors from certain countries are automatically labelled as racist. I did not mention any certain country, in any direction.
I dislike idiots who cannot control a motor vehicle. I dislike aggressive drivers who like to tailgate, undercut on roundabouts, overtake then slow down when they realise they have driven 5kmh above the posted limit. I dislike drivers under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
I could go on for much more about the deficiencies of Australians who should not be allowed further forward of the back seat.
But I consider that any driver from a country which drives on the other side of the road to us, and does not have a comprehension of English should be prohibited from driving in Australia.
And, if means a loss of income for car rental firms ……. stiff cheese.
Also, I do have personal experience of the personality, and competence, of certain drivers from certain countries who consider Australians as the racist white trash of Asia.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
my first thought. Australian driver standards are not a gold standard by any measure.
I think that comes from the city drivers as they get worked up and pissed off in traffic grid lock and end up causing a accident for being inpatient. Not saying we have young hoons but we were young once too and thought we are bulletproof.
I think we need to introduce a tougher law on a lot of things but driving is just one thing that needs to be fixed, its simple if you cant read or speak basic English then you should not be allowed to drive in this country same if I went to their country. The thing is these people are getting their licence from the help of driving schools who are from their own speaking background.
Once they on their own they are a danger to themselves and others. Its like Centrelink they want our money but need a interrupter so their chances of getting a job is very slim, but lets not go there.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Correct, I notice some countries have different languishes on signs so if other driver from different cultures can understand them, for example the great ocean road in Australia claimed victims from China as they don't understand our signs, also you just have to watch those police shows to see how bad these non speaking English are on our roads.

All hire cars in NZ have a please keep left sticker on them , and hire companies will explain this to foreign drivers, having said that many NZ drivers could do with a few driving lessons on this too