Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Visa drivers on our roads!! Share your close encounters and thoughts.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Should visitors who come to AUS with a driving licence be allowed to drive on our roads without a quick test? My latest encounter with one says no. Here is a diagram which happened to me 2 days ago..

Attachments

• import.png
    import.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 276

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Nope but people with Mastercard are fine.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
There are permanent Australian residents with Australian drivers licences that drive like that....So to me, it doesn't make a difference anyway

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
There are permanent Australian residents with Australian drivers licences that drive like that....So to me, it doesn't make a difference anyway

Yeap drive as if everyone around you is human = we all have brain farts (( Bad choices) some more than others) and no telling when !!!!!!!

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Yeah we all make mistakes but this case its no mistake he just didn't no the rules. I had people pull out in front of me a few times but nothing like this, the others were at less on the right side of the road when they don't give way and pull out in front of you, crossing onto the wrong side overtaking the car in front that's already stopped so he can turn right isn't a brain fade, then he stopped waiting for the green light then decides to cut in front of me and continue straight on cutting the two of us off is no brain fade. If he was living here on a visa or not that was just crazy s**t.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
We all have brain fades and make mistakes but this in cars can kill. Losing just 1 life because someone from overseas forgets we drive on the opposite of the road than they do or they don't know our road rules is not acceptable.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Bring on the driverless cars! :D

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
coming from a country where we drive on the same side as you and NZ , when I was living in Europe where they drive on the opposite side , and drive a lot faster too , it can be a bit daunting , but occasionally you do see some drivers . mainly tourists who should really be on a tour bus