Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk 202 black motor cam selection?

Vk exec

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Executive
Gday everyone, just signed up to this forum and not quite sure how these things work as of just yet but I’ll get there. I’ve got a 1984 Vk with a black 202 3.3L she’s got extractors and a decent intake on her already. It’s my first car, I’ve grown up around cars my entire life and have rebuilt a few V8’s with my dad for his Torona, we’ve never touched a straight 6 and a good mate with plenty of knowledge gave me the advice to put a baby cam and get the head shaved abit to increase the comp for some extra power (because it will be my P plate car I can’t drop a 5Ltr in her for legal reasons :(... ), has anyone done similar mods to a black 202? what cam did you use as I have no clue where to start looking and or what cam I should be looking at.
Cheers any advice I’d appreciated.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Yes I used a 604 crow cam, sounded awesome and went well for what it was in an efi 202 with about 10:1 comp, home ported with extractors.
But for value for money, put a 308 into it and club reg it. Then get a safe, reliable, fuel efficient daily driver.

Vk exec

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Executive
Yes I used a 604 crow cam, sounded awesome and went well for what it was in an efi 202 with about 10:1 comp, home ported with extractors.
But for value for money, put a 308 into it and club reg it. Then get a safe, reliable, fuel efficient daily driver.
Cheers, I’ll look into a crow 604 cam, I would love to drop a 308 in it and actually planned on it because you could h plate it with a 308 and still drive it on your p’s but that rule was changed last year. Will probably drop a V8 in her once I’m off my p’s and have my full license