Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vk 202 EFI wont start.

jesse santilli

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk 202efi
hi all,
currently doing my head and wallet in on this vk. cant seem to get it running after a sudden stall, that it never started from again.
so far ive replaced: battery, ignition module, fuel pump relay.
ive also checked to see if the pump works (it does)
still have no spark and the fuel pump doesnt prime when the key is turned but there is fuel in the rail after every attempt at starting.
thanks in advance

sire01TMK

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK 308
hi all,
currently doing my head and wallet in on this vk. cant seem to get it running after a sudden stall, that it never started from again.
so far ive replaced: battery, ignition module, fuel pump relay.
ive also checked to see if the pump works (it does)
still have no spark and the fuel pump doesnt prime when the key is turned but there is fuel in the rail after every attempt at starting.
thanks in advance

Check dizzy and leads

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Check the loom, where it connects at the firewall. I think it is the thick red wire, which can cause problems, where it seperates at the joiner inside the connector.

Use a test light, with the ignition on, to see you are getting power in and out of the connector and take it from there.

Another check, with a test light, is the thick pink wire, a the positive side of the coil.... With the ignition on, you should have power at the coil.