Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK 202 on LPG Mod ideas?

HoldenMad

Have spanner, can fix!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
Well the old black non EFI 202 in the VK is just about outta life this time round.
I plan on exchanging it for another black 202.

I want to get more power from her though, so I was thinking about a turbo or something.

I am running it on LPG atm with octane boosted premium when I switch to fuel. Keeping in mind thatI run her on LPG and therefore don't get as much power, will a turbo still give a decent boost to my engine?

Any other ideas you have, let me know, but remember that I want something without computers if possible so that I can work on it myself (I work on aircraft engines, hydraulic systems etc).

Also ideas on prices would help, as unfortunately I am not made of $$

M

mullet

i'm with you on this one dude i have a black motor on Gas VK and apparently (by no means gospel) talking to a friend of mine who had his own panel beating shop and did up cars he said that you can still turbo it. he just put a turbo on his volo. But it will take a fair bit of cash/work to do it.

MattK

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ V6
Sure

Im not sure but go XU1 crazy , Im not sure how wild you can go with the cam [ Gas ] but flat top pistons , flowed heads , large valves , gas friendly cam , gas friendly head mods [ Valves guides etc ] ...

But $1000 to $1500 should build you something that hurts the ricers ...

Or transplant a V6 ....

Im seriously looking at buying a clean VB-VC and doing a V6 Transplant .... :driving:

Matt