Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK 308 berlina questions

Paiste402

My workin on the car face
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 EB Fairmont Ghia
hey mate have u tried a few of our suggestions yet? Im real keen to hear how u are gettin on.

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
i ended up working sat morning and then spent a while cleaning the interior and taking photos, as soon as we re-arrange our big shed and i can access to our pit again i'll def have a decent look under it, i degreased the under carriage last weekend, so hopefully i can find a few leaks too lol.

today i was pretty damn hung over...so yeah didnt do much haha.

tomorrow hopefully i'll fix the dash, the whole instrument cluster is lop sided.

Phantom VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Commodore
Hey Stretch,

If you neew a new cluster I have one in the Shed with 128,000km on it. As far as I know everything in it works.

spirto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Caprice II
Some of my answers in Blue to your comments.

1. when u give the throttle a sharp hit it nearly stalls, though if u ease on the throttle or tap it quickly a few times it revs not bad. spraying carb cleaner definitely made this a lot better, but still does it.

Ok this is a common problem for all Rochesters even some holleys that have been sitting around for a while..., two things to check here.

A)Take your air cleaner off, look down the front side of the carbie, when you pump the carbie, eg. simulate accellerating it should be squirting some fuel down the throat. (If this isn't happening you have either a worn accellerator pump plunger rubber, (this will need disassembly of carbie)

B)or it's the ball-bearing at the bottom of the accellerator pump plunger that is jammed. or stuck, usually held in with a screw tap (this will need disassembly of carbie)
This will cause it to scavange for petrol under quick throttle, when you gradually accellerate the metering rods kick in and compensate.

2. stalls when put in reverse, on an up hill slope it wont reverse, goes fine down hill lol.

I would defineately check vacuum hoses for this one, mainly

A) vacuum advance vacuum hose comes from the dissy to the front of the carbie (but some people can plug this vacuum line at the back to put motor in always advanced mode.

B) the other one to check would be from trans shift module (side of trans to manifold) - usually this will also cause your trans to have longer shifts between gears

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
lol, my tacho started working...straightened the steering wheel and found that my air con fan works, so it must be wiring or something in the dash.