Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK 308 or LS1

waikato willy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1984 VK calais
you can pick up last gen vt 304 injected ss holdens at manhiem auctions for between 4,000-7,000 , they are a piece of piss to wire up, especially if you get the dude in wellington to modify the loom and ecu to make it plug and play, the factory steel headers go straight in, use a vl fuel tank and pump of just modify original for lift pump and high pressure pump, then all you need is a return fuel line, which can be pulled from any vl holden
dont bother with the auto, manual pedal box out of a vl, use the master cylinder rebored to 3/4 and a tilton hydraulic release bearing, pick your gearbox of choice
I know this because its whats in my blue brock replica, the car was originally a 6cylinder carb, im no electrical wizz but the loom is all labeled and relays the lot
Dont bother with the speed pulse for lean cruise mode makes bugger all difference, just idles a bit funny, or what I did was use the speedo cluster from a vl which is cable driven and also has a pulse generator thats gives you a 2 pulse signal to make the IAC valve actuate

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Vin999, note that Losh said will be easier, not is easier.
He is stating a fact. Not recalling an action.
All good Deuce, note I passed English and can read/write. :)

Ah ok so it’s fine to post/repeat facts on things you have heard/read anywhere without actually posting info from hands on experience/knowledge doing conversions and advising others on how to do it without knowing for sure if the facts are correct. Sounds like the way to go, go figure.

Conversions are very costly $$$ things to do and wasting extra expensive time/money $$$ by trusting facts from non experienced people will/is not good or easier. :)