Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK 6 to 5L conversion

Bastian

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
In regards to this if I pickup a VN 5 litre now from what everyones been saying that springs, brakes etc will need to be changed? If I get the complete VN are the brakes, springs etc all changeable to the VK?

Bastian

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Just an update on this one. I picked up a VQ Statesman 304 EFI with 4 speed auto (I think T700?), pacemaker extractors. The bloke had stacked it but all the running gear is sweet. Got her nice and cheap!

Bring on the conversion! :D

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
Just an update on this one. I picked up a VQ Statesman 304 EFI with 4 speed auto (I think T700?), pacemaker extractors. The bloke had stacked it but all the running gear is sweet. Got her nice and cheap!

Bring on the conversion! :D
ahh good stuff im doin the same conversion on me VH but using a vr 5.0 with a vn loom and ecu. i didnt go with the t700 as they are a little awkward to fit into the cavity so i went with a t350 instead...scored a mint cond 5.0l for $1700 with only 110xxxkms on it and saw the car it came outta....have fun! itl take ya a while if your not cashed up.... and i keep coming across things that need to be done that i didnt expect.....ie pwr steering set up, shorten the tailshaft and other minor probs

timgiant88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
hay people i have a vq 304 and box wanting to put into a vk is it an easy conversion and what else do i need

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
hay people i have a vq 304 and box wanting to put into a vk is it an easy conversion and what else do i need
see that box top right of the page sayin "SEARCH" ?? youll find all the answers you need in there!

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
search my thread plenty of info there too,
good luck its well worth it,go injected!!

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
yep VQ 5L engine, k-frame and steering rack straight fit.
Just need a VL intermediate steering shaft to connect the rack

and yeah, VN/VQ don't use a BCM like a VR/VS, so it's a lot simpler

It may not fit, some VQ & VP models had a 2 speed rack, the 2 speed racks have a square type head where the intermediate shaft fits where as the VN has a splined shaft same as VL etc.

Scott