Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK 6 wiring diagrams - berlina vs calais vs executive

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
I'm in the process of swapping from a carby 6 in my berlina wagon to an EFI 6 out of a calais sedan.

I bought a complete engine, but only got the engine wiring loom. I didn't think to get the rest of the wiring that goes inside the car.

I've since discovered there were a couple of wiring layouts for the different models in the VK range. I've heard there could be 3 different ones. I've got the max ellery workshop manual for the vh-vk, so that isn't much help for wiring.

I've also got access to a gregorys manual on EFI systems and it has a chapter on the VK.

The biggest problem i'm having is a largish plug at the back of the engine bay on the drivers side. It has about 30 pins but not all of them are used. There is a plug on the engine loom and another on the body loom. There are a different number of wires though, and they are in different spots within the 30odd holes. I think it is mainly for the instrument cluster.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for either a berlina, calais or executive? Or a suggestion on what to do about this troublesome plug.

I'm hoping that if i can find enough wiring diagrams, i'll be able to join them together to match my car!

thanks.

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
already pillaged them from there!!

are there really any differences between the particular plug i'm stuck with between the series that have the efi 202 and the carby?