Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK AERIAL

Matt&Ash

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK
HI all
we have a vk commodore with a new aeropro electric aerial fitted it works fine with the radio as it goes up when turned on and down when turned off but we want to be able to control how far it extends ect through buttons on the dash can this be done has anyone done it and would you share that info with us please

jandjmc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0L
have a look at my post on retrofitting an aerial to a VH SL/E , although the model is different I think the operation is similar. Good luck

VDO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB VC VH VK VL
Sounds like you're not using the controller box that they had in them for electric aerials.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
When i did dads VK it worked as factory, there is a little magic box somewhere under the dash or fuse box that controls the aerial.

You would have to check a wiring diagram but it has a constant power, then an input from radio to tell it to go up or down. Then whilst up and radio on you can move it with buttons.

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
From what I understand you need a 'Semi Automatic' aerial to use with the module and dash up/down button; a 'Fully Automatic' aerial won't work with the module and up/down button. Fully automatic aerials are common and found regularly on ebay; semi automatic aerials are rare and extremely difficult to find. Also and equally important you will need the original radio cassette which compliments the module operation.

VDO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB VC VH VK VL