Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vk awgon over heating

iceylegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR ACCLAIM SERIES 2 WAGON
hi guys my car has been over heating have had the machanic to look at it and my oil presure if fine, he has worked a placed mostly everything n now we r stuck n bumb founded any ideas PLEASE HELP

Holdenuup

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK getaway car,VS Esteem
Sack the mechanic he should have got it by now.

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Radiator could be clogged inside, pull of water pump and inspect it, the block to head coolant ports could be clogged up with bits of rusty block, gauge could be inaccurate if your going off that, if its got a viscous clutch fan it could be rooted and not locking up properly, thermostat, theres heaps of reasons.......... when does it do it, how long does it take to do it, does it go fine round town, yeah need more specifics.

iceylegend

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR ACCLAIM SERIES 2 WAGON
in the hot weather its fine driving around town, it overheats in like 10mins or more. the thermostat is new please help we r stuck

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
lol. how can we help with you being so vague???? what engine is in it? is it auto or manual and when does it over heat? 10 mins or more of driving round town? or 10 mins or more of fwy driving.

there are a billion things that could be affecting temperature, im not gonna go through them all. you need to be more specific

torch

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
lol. how can we help with you being so vague???? what engine is in it? is it auto or manual and when does it over heat? 10 mins or more of driving round town? or 10 mins or more of fwy driving.

there are a billion things that could be affecting temperature, im not gonna go through them all. you need to be more specific

I agree, there is not enough info here, obviously icylegend is having trouble communicating the problem, finding the conditions that the car overheats is what we really want, for the moment I dont think we need to know what engine or the trans type(is that really that relevant?)

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
On a 308 you can put the front hoses on backward and the coolant tends to circulate around the engine instead of going through the radiator, thats a good example of why we need to know more!