Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK Berlina 234 pack

KTM300

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina
Hi all
Sorry if this question has been asked before
I have a vk Berlina V8 4 speed and the compliance plate has 234 pack stamped on it, I know that it means 2= Berlina 3=v8 4=4 speed, I want to know what else was in the option pack because the car has the original engine box and diff but has b cast heads, hdt stamped extractors, hdt sticker on the dissy, hdt stamp on the carburettor, appeares to have a ported manifold, ram air, lsd, disc rear, no rear sway bar, 15"mags including spare and looks a little lower. I think it might of been one of the gmh built cars for racing. Any information would be much appreciated.

KTM300

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina
Thanks
But what I wanted was what's the go with all the hdt stuff on the car how did a stock car get that suff. I do know the full owners history of the car and I do know that it has never been touched just serviced and driven not even a warranty claim. I wanted to know things like dose the 234 option pack contain things like fe2, why the b cast heads are on the car ect
Any history why when how is much appreciated

Tants

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE Shadowtone
It could have been an HDT ADP car, is there a HDT tag anywhere to suggest that. Otherwise could have gone to HDT somewhere in its life for upgrades or simply someone has upgraded the car. Any number of reasons, but it does sound like an ADP car to me though build number will confirm that.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I can't answer all of your questions but my old late '85 VK BT1 had B Cast heads from factory.

KTM300

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina
No hdt tags no holes where one should be. I'm the third owner and have talked to both previous owners and both said that they just serviced, drove it and didn't do any mods. The car was sold and serviced from the local Holden dealer until I bought it. I have talked to one of the older blokes that from the dealer and he said that's how it arrived and the only thing they put on it was a tow bar. He did say that he didn't know what was ordered because he thought that back then you could order different options within a option pack such as if you wanted FE2 suspension you got xy and z as well. Not sure if this is what happened and I would like to know what the xy and z was

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
Either way bud sounds like you have a nice original unit many would die for...

KTM300

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina
Thanks mate
I'm about to start getting it back on the road from being locked in the shed for about 16 years after it was pinched and recovered. Its only got 110000kms and don't want to do any mods if it's something different but if it a run of the mill thing I might have a bit of a play just trying to make an informed decision

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Manuals usually got the the big valve heads & auto didnt.

A lot of the options were common & if they didn't have them wasnt hard to buy parts get them put on by dealership,hdt or aftermarket shop.

Most of these v8 Berlinas were white,seen a few red cars with brown interiors..didnt really see silver although most would have ended up with ss body kit & aereo's out of trading post back in the day.

KTM300

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina
Ok thanks
Mine is red with the light brown interior, matching engine no. gearbox and diff. when I had it on the road it did go rear well a mate had a new vs clubsport and I could run him any day of the week not a problem.