Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK Berlina - Fuel Injected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
-----------------------------
----==== SOLD ====-----
-----------------------------

ITEM: VK Commore Berlina, first of the fuel injected commodores I beleive.

YEAR: June 1985

SERIES: VK

BADGE: Berlina

ENGINE: It's a red one? lol. Honestly I dont know the actualy name of it..

TRANSMISSION: Auto

COLOUR: Brown

EXTERIOR CONDITION: Paint clear coat has peeled on the roof, starting to else where too. Crack in rear right fender. Rusthole just below front left of windshield on the front left quater panel. (probably not in my best interest to point all of that out, but I'm no used car salesman, I feel pretty bad if I lie to people lol)

INTERIOR CONDITION: Lid on centre console is broken, still sits there fine, but when leaning on it, it will press in. Other wear and tear things that you get in an old car.

TYRE CONDITION: No sure how to check what percentage they'd be, but I have never done a burnout or tried spinning the wheels at all, I'm just not into doing that to my car.

ODOMETER: ~254k

SERVICE HISTORY: No

REGO OF CAR: South Australia

REGO TILL: June 9 2008

RWC: I have no idea what RWC is?

PRICE: $750 negotiable

DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION:

PAYMENT OPTIONS: Cash - other can be worked out at a later time if cash isn't an option for you.

CONTACT DETAILS: SMS 0421 544 773 or pm me here.

OTHER INFO: I have put a brand new radiator in it, the trans has had a service in the past couple of months (i will try and get an exact date for you), and the battery is new, with a 3 year warranty. JVC mp3 CD player installed. Pioneer 4-ways in the front doors and Pioneer 3 ways in the rear parcel shelf. Mag wheels. Heater works unbelievably well. I know everyone probaby says this, but truely for an old car, this is very smooth to drive, has plenty of power when needed.

PICTURES:

If I can't sell this, I will be taking it to the wrecker, which I really wouldn't like to do. As it is one of the first commodores to be fuel injected, I'm sure that if someone had the time and money to do it up, it would be very worthwhile, so hopefully there is someone out there looking for a project car!

PM me or make a reply here if you wanna know anything else.

Last edited:

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
bump. Just read that these are allowed :)

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Rust hole looks like its on the gaurd only? If it is its cheap to fix, if its on the cowl panel its a fair bit more to fix but the cowl looks sweet in the photos.
Also its Black 3.3 litre (AKA a 202) EFI.
Personelly not interested its to far but just giving you a heads up.

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
How can you tell it's a black one? So that means a previous owner painted it yeah? I don't know what a cowl is either :p lol.

Cheers for the heads up

V-ahhh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VT
nah the previous owner didnt paint it all vk 202 efi inlet manifolds and covers were red from factory

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Nah nah, yeah the rocker cover and efi is red, but the block is black. ALL pre-commodore and very early commodores were classed as a red block, well their were gray blocks but thats going back to far lol. All Commodore block up to VH were classed as Blue blocks, and VK onwards are counted as black, and from factory that was their colours, but even if you paint it pink with purple poker dots you tend to call it a black block so people know what your talking about. Hope that makes sense lol.

The cowl panel is the panel that goes across the car under the front windscreen, its quite common for it to rust their, but yours looks clean and looks like all the rust is on the front gaurd?

FATMAT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
I owned one of these a few years ago and had plans to go full house on a 5ltr for it, until i found out the injected models can't be converted to a carby 5ltr. EFI 5ltr transplant would be bloody sweet though hey! I have a soft spot for the early commos, they look tough as.

Status
Not open for further replies.