Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk Black 202 Questions

VKcambo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Sl
Hey Guyz, My plans of a 308 went down he Drain so now i'm doing a 202 5speed
The only Problems i have is.. Tailshaft, I got a Tailshaft with the 5speed but the Diff end doesnt Bolt up.. Is there someway of Moding the 4speed tailshaft to suit the 5speed in the output shaft?
Dizzy, i was looking at the dizzy thred and i was going to do the VH Blue 202 dizy but i went to about 6 wreakers 2day and they are like gold.. cant even find a Normal Black Dizy So if anyone can help me out with one that would be Heeps good
Also, sorry to be a pain but Strater Motors, is there any difference Between Auto, Manual4speeds and 5speeds??

well if you can lend me a hand with these questions i would be very greatfull thanx.

Cameron

jakbob

Lighten up.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, VC L, VK Vacationer
You might be able use the front half of one tail shaft and the rear half of the other. Try ebay for a dizzy, you should be able to get one under $100. I believe the starter motors are the same for all boxes, I think it was just the later v8's that had different starters for different boxes.
Cheers

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
You can use a VK EFI Dissy, there suppose to have a smoother curve anyway.

Get a bosch starter, they are smaller and fit alot easier.

As said you can swap the two halves (make sure its the correct length), there were two diff's used, salisbury and borg warner,

VKcambo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Sl
Thanx for the help guyz, i have a Dissy on its way and Changeing the Tail shaft in a few days... Question about the Starter motors there all the same yeah? Auto, 4speed man, 5speed Man??

cheers Cam

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Thanx for the help guyz, i have a Dissy on its way and Changeing the Tail shaft in a few days... Question about the Starter motors there all the same yeah? Auto, 4speed man, 5speed Man??

cheers Cam

Yep :thumbsup:

VKcambo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Sl
Thanx heeps. Once i get the Clutch on thursday-friday the motor is going in and its almost time to go off to paint. Black with Twotone Gunmetal Gray with silver septors. Does anyone no if you can get the Motor and box bolted up in at the same time?

Cheers Cam

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Engine and gearbox can go in bolted up at the same time. Remove the engine fan first, also helps if you remove the radiator and bonnet to give you more room.