Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK blower fans

85berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK berlina sedan 202
Hi guys
Just a quick question to all guys who own VKs.
Is the blower fan for ventilation/air con a four speed or three speed fan.
As in, when you push the speed switch to the lowest setting, does it still operate.
I ask because my fan switch turns the fan off on the lowest setting and the users manual seems to suggest that the fan is on no matter what setting is selected, just at a different speed.
I have attempted to work it out from my circuit diagrams in the Max Ellery book but these are very bad diagrams with no pin outs on anything.
Thanks guys

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Are you talking about the fan that sits in front of your oil cooler? like on a VC, though that fan would be used for A/C i'm sure.

85berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK berlina sedan 202
I think you might be talking about the electric fan in front of the A/C condensor which sits in front of the radiator.
I am talking about the fan that blows air through the interior ventilation vents.
In a VK it is on the passengers side underneath the dash. It blows air through the evaporator first then the heater core and then out to the cabin.

308vkcalais

DIO..
Reaction score
Adelaide(City of Godbothers)Churches S.A.
Members Ride
308 VK Calais, VK EFI Berlina, V6 VN & Kenworth...
No...it's off in the 1 position.I know wat yor on about.My 3 VK's heater/air fans don't run while the switch is 1st pozzy.It's a bit silly I know but when you drive about with the heater on, no matter if the Fan is off you still get warm or cold air coming out just very slightly where eva the vent director is set at.

85berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK berlina sedan 202
Thats what I needed to know.
The only problem, is that when my dad drove it last, he only turned the fan off but kept the compressor running and because my A/C thermostat is stuffed, the system was running continuesly with no load. This caused the TX Valve to open right up and the compressor started to pumped liquid, or something like that. Now it's stuffed.
Thanks for the answer