Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vk boot light

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
Gday everyone

Mucking around with things that dont work on the vk and noticed my bootlight doesnt work it has the 2 wires coming into it, but I cant see any activator on the boot to switch it on/off. I have found a stray wire in the boot so assuming this is for the actuator. Can anyone please send me a pic of where the actuator is locate dim pretty sure mine is missing. Pics would be great.

Thanks

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
All good found it and fixed the contact just needed a light sand as it had been painte dover when the boot had been sprayed all working not the best light but i now have some light all the same the lens cover chokes most of the light up but anyways its working now

sire01TMK

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 VK 308
All good found it and fixed the contact just needed a light sand as it had been painte dover when the boot had been sprayed all working not the best light but i now have some light all the same the lens cover chokes most of the light up but anyways its working now

You can get led festoon light bulbs to replace it.

Matt&Ash

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK
what are the led festoon lights like i was thinking of replacing all globes in my car?

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
I got an led bulb to replace the original, Its slightly better than original, the crappy thick cloudy plastic lens though drowns out any light any good bulb would produce. It is slightly better though. I was thinking long term to just get a piece of clear pespex to use as a lens cover so it would throw decent light all over the boot.

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
The great thing about LED technology is they barely use any power, run cool and have good output.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
The great thing about LED technology is they barely use any power, run cool and have good output
20 watts on a car is piss in the pool;how often do we find ourselves fitting load resisters after fitting leds to get the thing to work properly then 2 years later it stops working. Seen it heaps of times people change every globe to a led then with in a year half of them don't work or flash like a christmas tree.[

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
20 watts on a car is piss in the pool;how often do we find ourselves fitting load resisters after fitting leds to get the thing to work properly then 2 years later it stops working. Seen it heaps of times people change every globe to a led then with in a year half of them don't work or flash like a christmas tree.[

Maybe that's also what the greys said when the craft crashed at Roswell ... or maybe we didn't back engineer the debris properly ... anyway ... there is technology and there is quality ... for a courtesy light or boot light LED's are great.

Merry xmas folks

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
E.T brought led light technology to earth with him but the americans just covered it up for 15 odd years. All makes sense Roswell Crash 1947, first led released around 1962. Took another 45 or so years to be massivley reproduced for mainstream lightining. Its also common knowledge the vk calais dash was stolen from his spacecraft and used in the vk calais models. Right around the time mobile phones were being produced