Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vk brock hdt cold air tray

nighttraintc88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais
Any One After A Cold Air Tray For Vk Got To Link To Have Alook

Last edited:

nighttraintc88

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais
21_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

sk00bs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh sle
anyone got some instructions on fitting one of these, i am guess there is very little to it but still.......
cheers

GreenGremlin

Reaction score
Website
www.brockcommodores.com
Members Ride
VK Calais
you need to cut the fan shroud a bit, cut out the top section in the middle but leave a little on either side sitting up proud from the radiator, this will help locate it, the carby end is atached with some rivets etc to the underside of the bottom part of the aircleaner assembly, follow your nose, they rent hard to install but like anything measure twice before doing anything permanent.

vee ka

Reaction score
Members Ride
'85 HDT VK SS, '03 Liberty GT, '06 Forester XT
you need to cut the fan shroud a bit, cut out the top section in the middle but leave a little on either side sitting up proud from the radiator, this will help locate it, the carby end is atached with some rivets etc to the underside of the bottom part of the aircleaner assembly, follow your nose, they rent hard to install but like anything measure twice before doing anything permanent.

ahhh no! you dont need to cut the shroud at all, the tray sits over the top of it all and you dont pop rivet anything to the carbie area at all, either the air cleaner or the tray. the tray is held in place at the front with two "L" shaped metal tabs that screw into the radiator top and at the carbie by the air cleaner assy. you locate it by the tabs at the front and screw it in place, put the bottom section of the air cleaner on top of the tray, then air cleaner, then tighten the air cleaner top down. you dont cut anything or pop rivet the tray to the air cleaner housing!!! how do i know, i have a genuine brock commodore with a genuine HDT air tray

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL Wagon
old thread but i need help too, the aftermarket tray when fitted with a fan should pushes the shroud onto the fan when the bonnet is closed so i can understand why the shroud needs to be cut but i chose to ditch the tray instead, plus if the tray is not riveted to the aircleaner the tray sits on the vacuum hoses and throttle cable. a genuine tray and aircleaner is probably different to the copies you buy from rarespares and ebay.
can someone post some pics??