Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK Build, first project car.

VRNathan

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VR Berlina
G'day guys,

Recently bought a rolling shell VK interceptor off a guy for sort of cheapies, all stripped out and ready to go, i spent about 3 hours writing down all the stuff it would get, its going to get a very thourough run-through, do it once, do it properly.

For p plate reasons, and a bit of a twist, it run an rb30 (unsure on whether it will cop any sort for Forced induction yet), but it will be mildly worked, hooked up to a 5sp, with a proper LSD, and the goods all round when it comes to suspension, brakes, fuel delivery system, interior etc..

Next year im going to building up a 308, because ive always wanted to, and it will find its way into this car.

And the moment its just a shell, but as far as the body goes, a fresh black respray, with a GRP A grill, front bumper and rear spoiler, with some calais tingly bits etc will the go there; i cant wait to get started, ive always wanted to build a VK!

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 389
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 429
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 397
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 605

VRNathan

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VR Berlina
How's that contradicting? I'm stuck driving low powered cars, so instead of rebuilding a shagged 202 i've got a recently rebuilt rb30 (just needs some finishing touches) ready to pop into it.

VRNathan

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VR Berlina
Well, there in lies the good thing about public forums, you learn things. I didn't know that, well, worked 202 it is.

My foreman at work did a 202 when he was a youngster, and that went hard as for what it is, and ill build the 308 in the mean time to put in when im 24 and off greens

machone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHSLE/VXSS/VXEXEC
mate i once had a worked 350 chev in a ht premier that was pulling high 12s and it was once beaten by a EK holden 6 cyl....dont underestimate the old 6 cyl...in the old days the old 202 you could change the head from a 179 186 or a 202 ...get the head ported yella terra made a terrific head package throw some triple su carbs 2" on it... get some extractors a flow through exhaust and youve got yourself a beast and the best thing ...it was cheap except the carbs....remember mate brock won in a 6cyl XU1 torana it won the australian touring cars and at bathurst beating GTHO falcons not to shabby for a 6cyl.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
looks like a good starting nase personally id skip over the 202 and go straight for the v8 by the time you do everythhing properly as you say you want too youd almost be off your p's

VRNathan

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VR Berlina
I get what youre saying about the 202, but what pup said glows truth, the last thing i need to do at this point is rush into stuff spending money just because i can, im taking my time, and part of that is, and always has been for me, to build a VK group A (of some description) and have a big v8 in it.

Still unsure which motor will actually go in, injected 5.0 or the 308, time will tell, the engine, trans (supra 5sp), diff etc will be coming last after interior, electricals, sanding, preping, body work and painting