Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk calais 1984

benjiaka

You Gon Ride or die?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Calais 1985
Sup fellas, so I've been lurking a long time recently.. Have owned my new calais for almost two years and haven't posted up any information about it!
I initially had a six green over silver calais which I started to strip back for a full respray and convert to an 8. Instead, I sold that off and spent the money on buying an 8 which was original and well kept.

Here is the old girl which I recently saw on gumtree advertised for $2500.. (I sold it to a bloke running and together for $1000! With a faded roof and boot).

So I kept the back and side Venetians for my new ride..

I purchased it from the second owner.. A 55y.o bloke which had full receipts for all the work he had done. The engine has been rebuilt, diff, tail-shaft, transmission and all bushes and suspension - lowered all round. It drives tight! When taking this for a test drive after driven my old calais.. this felt like new!
The interior was re-trimmed with original material (looks new). I have the original stereo, steering wheel (in the shed). The car had a black/white MOMO steering wheel on it which was just awful. Replaced it with a wood-grain steering wheel and an mp3 player is in there which came with the car which I have not touched. I have put the venetians. Was considering painting them white - however the car has tint so the look and offset of white venetians might not really look how I want it. 2.5inch exhaust which I think has a leak or two which need a weld..

The car has 168kms on the clock... Only downfall.. I'm 24 and on my P's until I'm 25 so therefore I'm waiting..!! My girlfriend drives it with me under strict supervision and loves it!

Plans: Looking for a new boot trim (Have NOS eyebrows and brand new factory rear lights - centre garnish ready to go on)
- Respray to repair crows feet by the boot
- Shift kit / high stall
- Get if off BBQ juice - fill LPG hole
- Work the internals
- professionally polish the rims and then clear them with some glisten PC (no more polishing every weekend :D)
-? whitewalls - might not

sugguestions?

Young gun

Dream BIG!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
79 vb
No v8s suck! The shame is that a newer 6 would blow the doors off a beautiful old girl. Was vk first that electric windows standard? And dose it have a digi dash?

benjiaka

You Gon Ride or die?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Calais 1985
No v8s suck! The shame is that a newer 6 would blow the doors off a beautiful old girl. Was vk first that electric windows standard? And dose it have a digi dash?

You suck buddy. Learn to show some appreciation and I may answer your question.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Look nice buddy, IMO keep it stock on the outside and just do engine internals. Would be a nice tough sleeper. Also no to whitewalls.

benjiaka

You Gon Ride or die?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Calais 1985
Look nice buddy, IMO keep it stock on the outside and just do engine internals. Would be a nice tough sleeper. Also no to whitewalls.

That is the idea and what I'm going for. Keeping it original and making it pristine. And just work the internals.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Great minds think alike clearly.

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
You suck buddy. Learn to show some appreciation and I may answer your question.
I think he meant the no v8 laws suck???

Lovely vk by the way, I considered a very similar one when shopping for my Vc a few years back. Where in sa are ya? Any engine plans?

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project

Agreed, white walls are not part of the 80's era and wouldn't suit the car imo, wait until you're off your p's get the engine you want!
it's been rebuilt it runs it drives nicely don't mess with it unless it's meaninful, fix everything else :).

she looks like a beaut though mate...missing my vk now.

VKCALAISV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1 V6
Nice pick up mate!

Your Old rig looked pretty clean too!

Look forward to updates!