Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk Calais 202 Efi - Alarm options?

benjiaka

You Gon Ride or die?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Calais 1985
Is it possible to install a two-way remote start alarm system, because this engine is electronic ignition? Or am i resulted to one-way only?

Thanks guys

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Do ya mean the immobilisation points?
One can be the wire for the starter solenoid on the starter motor. Normally a purple wire. And being EFI u can also use the power wire for the fuel pump, or even the power source for the tachometric relay could be used.

The ignition might be able to be used, I'm not sure how much power goes through the wires, but I guess ya could use it if ya hook up a relay. The input and output signal just use the ignition wire, earth it out, and the power wire goes to ur immobiliser, then the paired wire goes to a power source, so when the immobiliser is switched off it gives power to the relay for ur ignition to work.

Altho straight outta the igition, there's 2 wires which power the coil, one for when ur ignition is in the start position, and the other for when ya ignition is in the on position, they eventually go into one wire and off to the dizzy.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
To setup 2 immobilisation points is definitely possible. Doesn't really require any 'modification', only a little bit of electrical work, but if u can install an alarm ya should have no worries with it.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Actually....after having a quick look at some wiring diagrams, most of wat I said won't work coz it's for the carby version wiring. I'm not sure how much wiring is the same between carby and EFI, coz it's been months since I played around with the wiring in them.

I've attached a document showing wat the tachometric relay is, and yeah if u snip the fuel pump wire, or ignition wire, u can connect them up as ur immobilisation points. But the tachometric relay is in ur fuse box under the bonnet, and both the ignition wire and fuel pump wire run under the dash so trace them back and tap into them there.

Attachments

• EFI_relay_info.jpg
    EFI_relay_info.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 2,056

benjiaka

You Gon Ride or die?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Calais 1985
hmm this just makes me more confused. lol, so is it safe to say, even if i purchased the two-way alarm, if worse came to worse, i could just take it into an installer to do the dirty work?

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
wat do u mean by a 'two-way' alarm? What alarm are u looking at?

benjiaka

You Gon Ride or die?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Calais 1985
Remote start, and Pager, so while im in uni, i know my car is safe, or not.

jakbob

Lighten up.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, VC L, VK Vacationer
I don't see any reason why you couldn't have remote start because its EFI, and the two way pager system should work fine on any car.