Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vk calais 333 pack

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
shame to see the VB go, but now you have a V8, so even better - and it's still a first gen so big thumbs up from me :)
if your VB is anything to go by, the finished product should be a really good quality & tough car
Heard a bit of good feedfback about the Pavtek engines too
keep us updated!

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
Darren

I will be needing some advise from you. The mechanicals are simple enoug but I have not given the electrical side any thought. How did you wire your EFI engine up? So far the V8 has not impressed me except for the note. It has a twin system right through.

Pete

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
I have noticed the 6cyl are nicer to drive off the throttle, the V8 feels heavy in the front compared to the 6cyls and steering feels heavier. Is your 308 standard? if it is does it feel really lazy to accelerate because the 308 i have is very dull, tap throttle- nothing, accelerating from standstill: nothing nothing nothing wheel spin.

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
The car is stock as and untouched except for the wheels. Could do with a tune but I don't care cause it aint staying.

machone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHSLE/VXSS/VXEXEC
I have noticed the 6cyl are nicer to drive off the throttle, the V8 feels heavy in the front compared to the 6cyls and steering feels heavier. Is your 308 standard? if it is does it feel really lazy to accelerate because the 308 i have is very dull, tap throttle- nothing, accelerating from standstill: nothing nothing nothing wheel spin.

the V8 is heavier at the front...the 308 and 253 at standard spec still should feel responsive there more of a smooth response maybe yours might need a good tune mate...good thing about the 308 is that reacts to slight modifying like a simple inlet manifold swap change the mufflers to flow through with a decent exhaust , put on extractors have the carb tweeked ,lose the standard air filter (cheapest mod) change the diff ratio and thats not going in to the internals of the engine, it doesnt cost much but there noticeable differences...take the mufflers for example my 308 goes hard but i got done by the EPA a long time back when it was standard so i had to get it checked... that it was under the limit in decibels so off to the exhaust guy i go to get it checked he checks it was 1 decibel over 1!!!! thats like a whisper anyway the exhaust guy said look you do have a hole in your muffler (a pin prick) ok i said well change them and can you change it to a flow through ones yep he goes...45 mins later cars off the hoist i hear the car (its louder it wasnt but it sounded great) i pay the guy catch ya i say i put my foot on the accelerator to go...the damn car lit up the rears on the way out i was like omg wheres this power been lol...the 308 is a great engine its easy to work on and can go hard.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
VB = drives like a go kart. Select 1st Blap and sideways, select 2nd Blap and sideways, select 3rd listen to the charger whine, select 4th then 5th. Leave it in the garage if it is raining.
VK = drives like a boat turns fuel into noise.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
:( its got the 'cop spec' cleaner. i was hoping it might have a been a VB or VG. nevermind, this looks like a really nice start, and going by your last project, itll be awesome.

cop spec air cleaner...?????
roflmao

that air cleaner went on ALL 304 LV2 Vks...from the blue Grp A SS models to 134 poverty packs!

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
zzzzz

stock V8 air cleaner:
images

(god, youre a douche smitty)

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
nice car man, looks good as is before you even begin, always like black over silver VKs.

Ari don't like body kits which is funny considering his ricer days :p

seems like the brown leather seats never survive.

Cop/HDT intake, take the carby off and see if it has the HDT hand ported manifold too.

VA is the standard 304 not the high output, 122-125kw engine compared to the VB/VG which are 170-175kw 304s and the VC in the HDTs which are 200kw.

Dunno why you created 2 threads for it though :p