Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK Calais Dizzy on a VK berlina est motor

V-ahhh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VT
hi i was just wondering if any one can help me out with the wiring i have checked the thread already devoted to this but it does not mention wether you can use the electric dizzy from a vk calais on an est motor, has any one done this? is the electric dizzy from a vk calais differnt to that from a blue motor?

any help would be great.

thanks, Nick

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
same dizzy and will work just fine, before you connect the vacume advance suck on the pipe on the dizzy and make sure you cant suck air though it. If you can either just use it without the vac advance connected or replace the vacume advance.

308vkcalais

DIO..
Reaction score
Adelaide(City of Godbothers)Churches S.A.
Members Ride
308 VK Calais, VK EFI Berlina, V6 VN & Kenworth...
sirVkcalais said:
hi i was just wondering if any one can help me out with the wiring i have checked the thread already devoted to this but it does not mention wether you can use the electric dizzy from a vk calais on an est motor, has any one done this? is the electric dizzy from a vk calais differnt to that from a blue motor?

any help would be great.

thanks, Nick
I'm about to go the other way round & ditch my EST dizzy for a blue 3.3 so I can by pass the EST sensors.I'm doing up a black EST 202 & trans for a hobby.

V-ahhh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VT
ok so there is a black wire sorta bridged with the green wire i cant find anywere for it 2 go? and as 4 the vacum do i have 2 use it?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Is it on the coil or dizzy i have a bit of black wire on my coil that goes nowhere and my still works fine i would connect vacum advance its not hard just run a tube from a tvs

V-ahhh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VT
whats the down side of not running the vacum advance?

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Vacuum advance is a system that when the engine vacuum is high, it advances the timing. Basically, when accelerating under load, the engine needs a little more time to burn the fuel. So the spark must occur a little earlier. So it will help fuel economy,power & make the car more drivable.

cheers
Scott