Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vk calais - nasty surprise - c/locking

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
my mate just bought himself possibly the nicest vk calais ive ever seen in person ..

but when he changed the battery ... the door locks popped. is this "normal"?? surely holden didnt build this into the car. ive asked a couple of different people and they're saying theyve heard of it before.

upon further testing . the door locks popped every time we d/c the battery and reconnected it .. wtf

whats the go? how can we go about getting this fixed, because we all know how hard it is to pop a vk's bonnet from the outside ...

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Mine doesn't do that. Does it maybe have an aftermarket alarm and central locking for some reason? My bros VK does this but he has an aftermarket alarm and central locking in his Vacationer.

85berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK berlina sedan 202
Mine doesn't do it either.

I would think that it is probably an aftermarket system because the stock C/L uses the door switches to run 12v through the appropriate relay to lock/unlock the doors. So, removing power should do nothing at all, in theory.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
ive seen this on VL Calais with the factory cobra alarm, with the car locked & bonnet open unplug the fusible link at the battery & plug it back in , it will disarm the alarm & unlock the doors!, seems to ba a bug in the alarm.

Cheers Rob