Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK Calais no power to dash or injectors

CHRIS202vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Im chris im new to the forum, i got a 1985 Vk Calais efi a few days ago and it wont start as there is no power going to the injectors or dash, im thnking it mayb that the computer is blown from the last owners connecting the battery around the wrong way or them trying to jump start it, where is the computer located and how do i test if its blown or not?

vktorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
efi 202 torana, vk project car!
Well it's located behind the front left kick panel. But wouldn't have a clue how to check if it's blown. Have ya checked all ya fuses? Do you have power to anything?

CHRIS202vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Thanks for that ill have a look for it now, yer i have. everythng ells is workn we had it running last night on BBQ gas 4 a bit just to see how it runns and if its worth getting it bak on the road.

CHRIS202vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Found it but not sure how to test if its blown or not. once i reconnected it with all the crap on the earth removed i cranked it ovr and as it was crankng i bummped the gear stick and put it from N to D now it wont cvrank over and all lights are now really dim and some thngs like door lock and elec windows and mirrors wont work. what do u thnks is wrong now?

CHRIS202vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
I only took it off the charger about 2hrs ago after it had been on charge all night long, and i only cranked it over 3 times for like 45sec at a time it should b nearly fully charged still!. i dont get how the car lost so much power so suddenly cound i have blown somethng from putting it from N to D while the engine was turning over?

Staggie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais S1, VK Wagon EFI 5.0L
Could be the neutral safety switch playing funny buggers too

CHRIS202vk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Thanx i now have no power to the fuse's why would this be?
I have now put it bak on charge, i will try and slam it into park now