Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK Carby!

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
i go in and ask for a 2 barrel or a 4 barrell?

If your car is a 6 cylinder, then you need a two barrel air cleaner.

The one you have got suits a V8. ;)

Do what Goon said about Supercheap auto, that is if they have a book that shows aftermarket air cleaner assemblies.

SiLeNt-SoN

2000 WH Statesman
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 model WH statesman
yeah ok, sounds the goods

ill ask supercheap tomory if thats the case...

will be good if they can help cause being in a small town with no autobarn sucks lol....

thanks pplz

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
dude, go back to the other thread where we were talking about this and i posted the part number for the air cleaner with the base you'll need to fit your carb... if you cant find it, i'll try to track it down again for you, it'll save you a lot of time and mucking around if you rock up to the store with the part number... just remember its for a 2bbl varajetII, and i think the brand of air cleaner was Redline...

ReubenVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 202
hey i got a 202 vk black motor, i want a new carby because the varajet II is apparently pretty bad, does anyone know wat a part number for a holly, redline or weber, which will be good for my vk.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The varajet is the best carby but it's a massive pain in the butt to make work like it should when its 30 years old so most people give up on them and change to a the weber off the falcon

ReubenVK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 202
yer thanks mate i heard from a mate that i can put a carby on it from a f150?? is that right?? do u know wat the model number is

vk1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk commodore sl
i have a vk commodore sl ive recently rebuilt the motor and put a heatseeker camshaft in it and an old single barrel stromberg carby has been put on it i was jus wonderin with that carby is it even in roadworthy condition and legal coz dont the original varajet ll carbys have pollution gear adn the strombergs 4 earlier commodores dont

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Thread dig....

Technically its not legal because it wouldn't meet emissions with out the pollution gear.