Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK cd player installation

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
I got it installed today. It isn't perfect, but hey, I'm happy with it. I finally get some good sound out of my speakers :D. The deck isn't mounted in perfect, its still a lil poked out, but I can live with it.

Thanks all again for the help

phat_com

VR IS A BEAST WITH NEW V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR s2 Acclaim/VK IS GONE :(
i am going to do an install into my vk soon and my mate it changing his head unit in a couple of days so i'll check the how-to section and if there in none then i will post one or 2 for any other ppl who need it

Pat.

traindriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK Sedan 3.3 Injected
I am going to be installing a HU in my VK soon. I got a nice Pioneer for my birthday which is great cos my VK has NOTHING due to the tight wad I bought the car off not wanting to sell the stereo in it :(

I have mounted some Sony tweeters on the dash from a previous life, with the crossovers under the dash.
I intend to put some nice 4 inch speakers in the kick panels (probably pioneer) and get a decent set of 6 inch speakers for the rear parcel tray.

I am one of the few who dont like 6 x 9's and so I will eventually get a sub and amp for the boot to bring up the bass response.

I'll get some pics soon.

AndrewOfNZ

darkmoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 3.3i, V6 VL in Production
traindriver said:
I am going to be installing a HU in my VK soon. I got a nice Pioneer for my birthday which is great cos my VK has NOTHING due to the tight wad I bought the car off not wanting to sell the stereo in it :(

I have mounted some Sony tweeters on the dash from a previous life, with the crossovers under the dash.
I intend to put some nice 4 inch speakers in the kick panels (probably pioneer) and get a decent set of 6 inch speakers for the rear parcel tray.

I am one of the few who dont like 6 x 9's and so I will eventually get a sub and amp for the boot to bring up the bass response.

I'll get some pics soon.

AndrewOfNZ

Just wondering where you are going to put the passenger speaker. The EFI computer is in that kick panel and doesn't leave a lot of room.
Kain

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Get some spacers or speak pods darkmoon from your local wreckers, cheap as !

Though you will have to touch your trim.....